Fascinating Maps and diagrams

We have counties bigger than some countries.

1 Like

I’ve always considered that the north/south thing has been mixed up, we tend to look at the world like this.

9 Likes

But, all the water would run downhill causing the continental mass at the bottom to flood :woozy_face:

2 Likes

2 Likes

A Free Empire demonstrating British Power. Nice text below…

5 Likes

Highlighting colonialism and displaced indigenous peoples. Reminds me of that famous line from The Life of Brian, what did the Romans do for us. :thinking:

3 Likes

Looks like humans not yet made it to Britain.

4 Likes

Well, the roads…

1 Like

And the education :grin:

I love this.

3 Likes

Now we have too many.

That’s really good. Thanks for posting.

1 Like

The Saxon Shore (Latin: litus Saxonicum) was a military command of the Late Roman Empire, consisting of a series of fortifications on both sides of the Channel. It was established in the late 3rd century and was led by the “Count of the Saxon Shore”. In the late 4th century, his functions were limited to Britain, while the fortifications in Gaul were established as separate commands. Several well-preserved Saxon Shore forts survive in east and south-east England. Credit: naval history social pages

5 Likes

12 Likes

My last pint at 7 Tuns Chedworth, which is closing (unless a backer is found)

4 Likes

Some of my regular spots on there. :grinning:

Hate to be a killjoy, but the pub name in Broad Campden is incorrect.

1 Like

A few of them are closed too, and the Woolpack at Slad is not included although it’s only just in the Cotswolds.

1 Like
2 Likes

A very good friend of mine lives in Chedworth and one of his daughters had her wedding reception there. Good pub. What a loss but sadly not a surprise.

1 Like

I gather Simon’s backer pulled out. Hope he finds another.