Feature request thread

It could be my iPad, but on a folder the icon has the correct size, on the dock it is smaller.

It is a cosmetic issue not affecting functionality anyway.

I have a Unity Core, and I’d like to see a shuffle play feature for the “Favorites” icon.

Then of coarse, I would be able to randomly play my favorite cd’s as I add them to this category.

Thanks

don’t know if this has been raised before - thread is getting quite long. it would be great to add a note to individual tracks in a playlist - e.g putting together a playlist of demo tracks from the thread “single track …” it would be good to have a note of why the track was recommended eg “bass at 3’50’’” - i currently create playlists in qobuz so that might make it more difficult - but happy to create some in naim app.

there is a “highlight” bar in android app but it is so subtle as to be invisible in a daylit room - at least on my samsung galaxy tablet. so less subtlety please!

Yes definitely, how about some nice green text to match the logo on my SN3/ND5 XS2?

Great idea but I fear naim have moved away from green

Now that Apple Music has lossless, direct integration would be nice. The dongle DAC or AirPlay 2 setup is less than optimal. Sonos has it… just sayin’. :man_shrugging:

1 Like

Who cares which track, they’re all good on that list :slight_smile:

(massive ACR fan here)

1 Like

Just a minor one here but I’ve noticed the the time counter in the Naim app on iOS is little erratic. The time slider is not much better either jumping rather than running smoothly. Not the end of the world but others seem to manage this with a little more refinement.

Might seem a little odd to many here but do we know if Naim have any plans to integrate the new Tidal Lyrics capability into the Naim App?

My main reason for this is that I find it really useful to read/sing along to new music to really get to know it.

The chances might be quite low since they have not implemented any other new functionalities which can be seen in Tidal app.

Presumably, once Tidal Connect is implemented, you’ll be able to do this.

Could this remark please be moved to the Feature request thread

Streaming Audio by @Richard.Dane.

You will then be more likely to have it noticed.

Sorry I don’t know the answer but do agree that having the lyrics on my iPhone was a lovely novelty (useful for Karaoke :grinning:). My experience was with Amazon Music (via blue tooth headphones on iPhone) when I had free trial, don’t get this now with plain old Amazon Prime which I have now.

As noted above, once we implement TIDAL Connect (coming soon!) you’ll essentially be streaming from the TIDAL App itself, with full functionality.

2 Likes

I assume that this only for 2 gen devices?

Yes. Though we do have a firmware update coming for earlier-generation streaming devices; where technically possible, we’ll always look to add new features/functionality, as well as maintaining existing feature-set.

2 Likes

One thing that bugs me if you have a long list of albums on a hard drive and after you have played the album, instead of it returning to album listings it returns to the home page (at the moment it lasts for about 30 secs). This very annoying if you don’t have a tablet or phone at hand and you just have the remote and you have scroll through all the listings again (this applies to the NDX2 + ATOM HE and other streamers). My Cambridge CNX V2 goes back to previous page so i’m sure Naim could do this with a firmware update.

Thank you Clare.

So will my Muso Qb V1 still be able to stream Tidal (presumably via the Naim app and not Native Tidal?