Feature request thread

Yes - we’re not removing any functionality! Your Qb will still do everything (and more) it could at launch. That includes TIDAL via the Naim App.

1 Like

Has anyone requested an Apple Watch mini-app to control the music inside the Naim app? I got used to using the Apple Watch to control Apple Music, books, Spotify etc. If the Naim app stays ad the music source, the app should be quite helpful and easy to do. Can allow to change the songs, control volume. Thank you

I’d like the option to have the clock displayed during standby.

2 Likes

This may have been requested previously (not been able to find any previous posts though):
It would be great in the setup for streamers with displays that show Now Playing cover art to opt to have the album info as the Now Playing Screen instead
Show this all the time

Instead of aways showing:

5 Likes

I suggested this earlier this year in an email conversation with the Naim s/w crew; it was given a big thumbs up as an idea for future inclusion. A few months and a couple of releases on there’s no sign of it, so I’ll try again.

When building a play queue late in the evening it’s not unusual to do it with an accompanying glass of something nice. Accidentally hitting Play instead of Queue Next or Queue Last instantly wipes out the whole of the existing current list, and the carefully selected mix of top tunes and well thought out musical jumps instantly disappears into the ether.

What’s needed is a simple confirmation - a Yes / No, an Are you Sure? messagebox. Or maybe just move the Play option futher away from the two Queue… selections. Or relabel it to read Play This And Replace Existing Queue.

Personally I’d build it as a config item in Settings, where replacing the existing queued music with the current selection could be toggled on or off, and maybe a parameterised value below which it doesn’t matter - e.g. you’ve only got 4 in the queue, that’s no hardship, whereas 64 is, and all for the want of slimmer fingers in place of the bunch of sausages hanging off my palms.

2 Likes

Nice to have would be to have the Settings icon available deeper into the menus. Will avoid having to back up to the top menu, especially to set Output options for switching between speakers and headphones.

I would like a way to adjust the brightness of the screen in the app, is very unfriendly to have to go to a browser in iOS to do this, and the http interface does not work that good on iOS at least on iOS 15 and iPad.

Also it would be very good to implement in the app a general search, that would search the upnp server music without having a second search field. A universal search would be welcome.

Thanks,

If one can request any feature i would like EQ or some way more than the three options of room compensation on mu-so 2
Kind of the opposit to your ”loudness” setting, removing lowest freq bass at normal or higher volumes.
Or different DSP-modes.

I use my mu-so 2 mainly from a Apple Tv through HDMI, as an allround speaker.
Both for playing lossless music from Apple music and as tv-speaker for tv/movies.

Generally it has way to much base.
I’ve tried everthing i can imagine incl damperfeets.

Since i use this for ”everything” its not possible to change EQ on every connecting device / software because they dont exist everywhere.

I listen to alot of mixed music, some sounds really great, and i mean great, listening to hits from my youth with Depeche or instrumental, jazz, it sounds great.
But if i listen to latest pop hits music like todays top 10 i find the base of this speaker being way to overpowering, hence my request.

I probable will get a beating for writting this from all hi-fi wizards but, then i at least tried.
And i do apologize for any bad grammar or or SwEnglish expressions.

If my memory serves correct you’ve already requested DSP changes. :thinking:

Position greatly affects the bass. Where is it positioned - distance from the wall etc?

I can’t comment on pop music in the top 10 as it’s not something I would listen to.

I’ve tried it on a regular tv-bench, a solid oak-sideboard and on the floor.
It sits 22 cm from a solid concrete wall.
Maybe 10 meters to the wall on its left side and 3 meters to a wall to the right.
Listening position, straight in front of it, about 3 meters. Positioned on Norstone damping feet. Tried angling it as well.

To me… it sounds a bit like when i set the crossover filter on a subwoofer wrong and turn the volume up too high on the woofer so it rumbles where it shouldn’t on low volumes and gives to much base compared to the rest of the soundstage.

Have you tried the ‘corner’ setting setting which really has the bass reduced quite significantly. Loudness is on by default so may need to be turned off.

You mention it’s only the ‘top ten’ music that is bassy so it could be that’s how it’s been mixed for earbuds.

Yeah, it could be that its mixed for earbuds, dont have that insight how audio is mixed on apple-music.

Maybe i had to high expectation on it to handle all kinds of music, movie-sound etc.

Thanks for your positive responses

If you could give an example of a track you have an issue with then that may be helpful.

Here is 4 of the current top 10 on the Swedish Apple music list.

Daddy issues - Veronica Maggio
Heat waves - Glass animals
Moth to a flame - Swedish house mafia
Escape plan - Travis Scott

This usually how i play music, either radio or charts like top10.

I dont take any responsibility for swedish taste in music.

LOL reminds me of the dogdy album covers thread :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

With moving across to a Tidal family plan I’ve noticed the Tidal app allows you to group playlists into folders. This seems like a very useful feature - for example, I’ve put all the Naim-curated playlists into a single folder. However, this functionality doesn’t carry through to the Naim app - it still presents all the playlists in a single list. Any chance we can have the folders presentation?

1 Like

Great suggestion for those of us with overflowing long lists of music !

Throwing my lot in with this, would be much more functional than just ‘hdmi’.
+
If clock is selected, it stays on until but is pressed again.

2 Likes

Larger artwork would be nice, there seems to be space, could this be dynamic or at a push clickable and full screen?

A function I use quite often is the ‘Clear Queue’ option from the play window, but I notice this is only available when you’re in the list view, and not the cross-the-screen view. Can it be added here too? (I’ve no idea why it isn’t.)