Finally, finally, finally…………………

………after several false starts, and testing the patience of many on here, I’ve taken advantage of the recently announced CD trade-in scheme, NDX2 (with NAS/dBPoweramp) inbound, farewell CDS3 it’s been great but you owe me nothing.

21 Likes

Nice, the prices for trade in are, attractive!

Enjoy nice bit of kit, looks as if you have a 555 P/S a superb combination.

Are they offering less, same or more than market pricing?

1 Like

I wonder if they will reuse some of the parts from the CD’s they get back

3 Likes

What is this CD trade in scheme you speak of?

UK only. The post about it is pinned in the Hi-Fi Corner forum:

2 Likes

thanks

I would certainly hope so. It may be the only way to get hold of known working samples of the CD transports in question. And more besides.

Recycling or Reuse.

1 Like

Nice move👍

1 Like

Depends, it’s a fixed discount regardless of your CD player, but dependent on what you replace it with. 1500 against a NDX2, regardless if you px a CD5 or CDX2

2 Likes

Hi Lindsay, what was it that finally made you take the plunge into streaming? I suspect not just the CD trade in offer.

It will be interesting to hear about the transition. If you have any problems you know where to come.:wink:

1 Like

Nigel thank you. Actually it pretty much was the trade in and the opportunity to future proof when the CDS3 will inevitably die. However, I am finding after a good vinyl session in the evening selecting a few tracks without listening to a full album is good fun so I think a streamer will come into its own at that point, and of course help discover more new music, as if I need more music!

Over and above being a bit of a luddite Phil @Cymbiosis is brilliant with this stuff and is going to get me properly set up.

Thanks again.

Lindsay

5 Likes

Now come the endless array of tweaks like switches, NAS drives, Ethernet cables, filters and power supplies… :crazy_face:

1 Like

No, no interest in any of that.

2 Likes

Hi Lindsay, just curious if you have been able to listen to an NDX2 and compare it to your CD player? On paper it is of course a downgrade (from S level to X level) so good though the NDX2 is, especially with a boost from your 555PS, I wonder whether it’s a move you will be happy with in the long term.

Not actually head to head but have heard the NDX2 many times and content that with the 555PSU is a class performer. Of course when Naim launched the NDX2 it was de facto a replacement for the NDS, and actually in various listening sessions at my dealers I’ve preferred the NDX2 over the NDS.

Regards,

Lindsay

Well after a couple of false starts, this coming Tuesday!

2 Likes

I thought most preferred the NDS still although my dealer is a big fan of the NDX2, I never got round to hearing them side by side so to speak.

NDX2 replaced NDX. Not that it makes any difference to how it performs.