Firmware update v. 3.7.0

Hi,

I noticed the 3.7.1 firmware is available to download and instal. Have I accidentely became a beta tester or is the new firmware available to all current users.
Anyone tried the 7.1 vers already? And of course ;“How this this one sounds compared to 7.0”

Regards
Gerben.

Nothing for me at the moment. I’m a Atom user even check for updates says firmware is up to date. But seems an update is just around the corner,

I’ve been on it since it came out a few weeks back - no issues, other than it wont read files with “&” in the filename

7.1 out a few werks alrwady? Surely missed that.

Reg
Gerben

sorry, I was referring to 3.7.1 firmware

October 12th - info here:

Thank you Clare,
I’ll push the button and upgrade.:grin:
Loved all these uodates so far.

Regards
Gerben

1 Like

I believe this is only with files on USB though

1 Like

Dislike my Nd555 sound after latest firmware…i`ts too bright and thin,i did rebot again but nothing help.

1 Like

You mean the 3.7.1 vers?

Reg

Gerben

Yes …3.6 was really good

I have similar impressions.
I feel also lack of musicality, smaller punch, generally sharper and less pleasant sound …
my ND 555 sounds more like DCS now ( and I do not like DCS …)

Just not hearing that - at Naim or at home. Maybe there’s a caching issue?

I’d suggest this:
Do a full power-cycle of your ND555 (unplug from mains and leave around 30 minutes before you plug back in)
While your ND555 is unplugged, restart your router and power down/back up your control devices.
Once your router is back up and running, and your ND555 has had at least 30 minutes downtime, plug your Naim back in.

1 Like

Clare,
I did all you suggest - nothing change …
As I see here I am not the only one …

Interestingly I have found my ND555 too bright for my tastes of late. Does that coincide with the 3.71 upgrade? Maybe… I have gone so far as to remove the SL interconnect and put in a HiLine to tame it. It has worked to some extent and left me currently preferring the HiLine. 3.6 did sound sweet.

1 Like

Exactly words i feel

Thanks Clare …I’ll do it tomorrow

1 Like

Well Clare…I did full reboot as your request …I must admit it sound really good for the moment…but I will need more time around a week at least to listen if it`s stable……thanks for your help

2 Likes

I noticed it immediately when I upgraded from 3.6 and thought I was alone. I’m used to 3.7 now but 3.6 was superior in every respect on my system.

Even 3.7 for me was ok, its 3.71 I think thats brightened it all too much.