Firmware update v. 3.7.0

I looked up your posts and you seem to have had very similar problems in the past, then it was better, now it’s worse again - correct? I don’t know but am not so sure that this update is at fault. Did you ever get to the bottom of the older problems and/or did you ever contact Naim support? If crashing and freezing all the time was some inherent problem with this new update, I would expect more posts about it on the form.

I have simular problem in past, last year, but last few updares work fine, smoot, eny problem.
Just ladst update is problematic.

Yeah, so I’m wondering if there is some outside influence that somehow causes similar problems in the two different app versions, or if the problems are really in both versions but not the version in between. Difficult to tell and probably needs deeper analysis, so if you haven’t done so already it’s probably best to contact Naim support. (And if you did, what did they say?)

Hi All,

Just to close the loop on a few reports.

@MrRoy kindly emailed me and we have tracked down the issue. Performance fix will be in the v3.8 release arriving later this month. We got caught up with some engineering changes at Spotify.

Large playlists and optionally random mode - we’ve also tracked that down. Again fixed in next release. Reducing the playlist size to around 250tracks will work around the problem temporarily.

Thanks for all your feedback. For direct service, please do contact our support desk, but in R&D we do try and keep an eye on these forum thread as they are very useful to appreciate real world usage and issues. Often these issues need a strict stack-up of system or environmental requirements to make it happen, but they all need tracking down and fixing.

With regards

Steve Harris
Software Director
Naim Audio Ltd.

20 Likes

I am happy with firmware 3.7 so far. I no longer get the spontaneous reboots on my NDX 2, that I got with 3.6.

1 Like

Hi @Naim.Marketing, I presume Naim app can be downloaded to macs with apple silicon chips but seems it’s not verified yet. Are there any plans for verification in near future ?

One for @tomvamos

Yes it can, search Naim in the App Store, then click on the “iPhone and iPad apps” tab and there it is

I am also sure that 3.7 sounds terrible on my ND555 …
3.6 was much better in terms of sound quality …
I hope Naim will solve this problem soon …

yes, but it’s labeled as “Not verified for macOS”. Means not tested on an Apple silicon Mac to confirm that it runs well, I guess.

Been using it for many months, with no issues at all. So have many others here on the forum :slight_smile:

In fact I prefer it to the phone as its a bigger screen

Agree lets wait for 3.8

1 Like

Works with no problem at all for me on my 24inch iMac. Made life so much easier editing Metadata.

Staying on 3.6 for now…

1 Like

Wow! Didn’t know it was possible to edit meta data via the Naim app! How does one do this? My music files are stored in a Synology NAS

Good to know - and this is an additional incentive to migrate to a new Apple silicon machine in the near future.

The only way you can edit metadata in the Naim app is if you have CD rips on a Core.

1 Like

Ok. Got it. Thanks :ok_hand:t3:

Or on the Star.

I did it and no changes …
What do you mean by “ND555 sounding flawless here at moment”?
at the moment means; after 3.7 or 3.7.1?
did you (Naim) check influence on sound of every new firmware?
what is your (Naim) opinion, new firmware has influence on sound or not?
I wouldn’t buy ND 555 sounding like my piece now (with 3.7.1)

1 Like