Firmware update v. 3.7.0

Every firmware goes through listening sessions before it is signed off. Naim can change some values that influence the processor timings and such, which affects the electrical noise floor and which in turn can have a subtle sound shaping effect, but the bits are always the same

Be patient …i believe Naim will fix soon

What @Naim.Marketing means is that her own ND555 at home running the latest release firmware is sounding flawless, that means as good as ever.

3 Likes

do you also know answer for my next questions?

What next questions? @Suedkiez has already answered your question about testing. I agree with that answer.

Naim check sound quality of every firmware release with all the products it applies to.

I can’t answer the question about the latest firmware on ND555 as I don’t own one of those units.

1 Like

Hi,

I noticed the 3.7.1 firmware is available to download and instal. Have I accidentely became a beta tester or is the new firmware available to all current users.
Anyone tried the 7.1 vers already? And of course ;“How this this one sounds compared to 7.0”

Regards
Gerben.

Nothing for me at the moment. I’m a Atom user even check for updates says firmware is up to date. But seems an update is just around the corner,

I’ve been on it since it came out a few weeks back - no issues, other than it wont read files with “&” in the filename

7.1 out a few werks alrwady? Surely missed that.

Reg
Gerben

sorry, I was referring to 3.7.1 firmware

October 12th - info here:

Thank you Clare,
I’ll push the button and upgrade.:grin:
Loved all these uodates so far.

Regards
Gerben

1 Like

I believe this is only with files on USB though

1 Like

Dislike my Nd555 sound after latest firmware…i`ts too bright and thin,i did rebot again but nothing help.

1 Like

You mean the 3.7.1 vers?

Reg

Gerben

Yes …3.6 was really good

I have similar impressions.
I feel also lack of musicality, smaller punch, generally sharper and less pleasant sound …
my ND 555 sounds more like DCS now ( and I do not like DCS …)

Just not hearing that - at Naim or at home. Maybe there’s a caching issue?

I’d suggest this:
Do a full power-cycle of your ND555 (unplug from mains and leave around 30 minutes before you plug back in)
While your ND555 is unplugged, restart your router and power down/back up your control devices.
Once your router is back up and running, and your ND555 has had at least 30 minutes downtime, plug your Naim back in.

1 Like

Clare,
I did all you suggest - nothing change …
As I see here I am not the only one …

Interestingly I have found my ND555 too bright for my tastes of late. Does that coincide with the 3.71 upgrade? Maybe… I have gone so far as to remove the SL interconnect and put in a HiLine to tame it. It has worked to some extent and left me currently preferring the HiLine. 3.6 did sound sweet.

1 Like