Flapjack and cappuccino!

Managed almost 50 miles in the sunshine today :grinning:

Howā€™s the knee ?

Still a little sore but much better - thanks for asking! :+1:t2::grinning:

1 Like

Such bizarre weather today to help see out October in London - at one point my Garmin indicated 23 Celsius albeit the average temp recorded on Strava was 20 C. Still crazy for this time of year and made for a very pleasant 50km scoot.

Peter

Decent 100k with good friends - just got in before the rain too :grinning:

2 Likes

An overnighter with a good friend. We rode our bikes out in the forest. He is on a Surly Big Fat Dummy and I on a Mondraker Crafty. Then we made lasagne from scratch on a Firebox stove. I brought a creme brulee I made yesterday. Just melted the sugar. Tomorrow we will ride home. This is gold.

8 Likes

A few days on the trails around Dumfries . This was taken at the Forest of Ae. It has poured every other day!

The trails are great, and nice to be testing my skillsā€¦or is it the ability of a modern full sus MTB? Anyway, good fun

12 Likes

Thatā€™s a cracking photo and I thought I lived in a nice part of the country!

Dumfries and Galloway. It is not that nice. The MTB trails are fun though.

PS I donā€™t live here, somewhere nicer IMHO!

2 Likes

Good 50 miles with some pals this morning. Those hills are definitely getting steeper! :flushed::joy:

1 Like

Seems like the first nice sun shiny day for ages without the wet or wind.
Got to make the most of the feel good factor on day like today.

4 Likes

Just a small ride to a site visit this morning. But always great when living by the sea :grinning:

5 Likes

A bit of a bump but did 50 miles around Arrabida today. 16 degrees in sunshine :sun_with_face:

4 hours of sleep, then work, ferry to Denmark, train from Hirtshals to Aalborg. Then we rode almost five hours/52km to where we are camping right now. Tomorrow will be nice

6 Likes

RIP David Rebellinā€¦

1 Like

Indeed, very sad. RIP Davideā€¦

He CERAtainly didnā€™t see that one comingā€¦

Sorry, Iā€™ll get my coatā€¦

75 miles in sun and showers. Hot shower was nice afterwards :grinning:

2 Likes

Getting the bike out the garage yesterday, noticed the rear tyre was flat (Tubeless).

So, flipped bike upside-down, pumped tyre up to 65psi, brushed the tyre off best i could to examine it carefully for any damage - couldnā€™t find anything wrong.
I couldnā€™t hear any hissing either, and the tyre seemed to retain pressure okay, so i jumped on and had usual my 20m ride without any deflationary issues.

Today - just checked the rear tyre again and itā€™s still up to pressure. Can only think it slowly went flat after the previous time i pumped the tyre up and didnā€™t quite tighten the valve enoughā€¦ or the valve is clogged with sealant (?)

3 Likes

After five days in Denmark it is good to be back. Still a few minutes on the ferry. Luckily no wind, but the headwind is chilling. We slept under the stars, in shelters or in tents. Yesterday we had headwind for nine hours straight.

9 Likes