Focal Sopra 2

I have a Sopra n1 in black, and every-time I see them in white I still think I should have chosen mine in white, because they are beautiful.

The Sopra N2 are great speakers, congratulations.

2 Likes

I endorse the Sopra 2!

Upgrade at your own pace.

Iā€™m surprised you said they have a lot of bass. Mine took about 20 hours to show any bass. Then it steadily got better from there.

2 Likes

I had Sopraā€™s when I had a 552/300 based system. Loved them. Tried Dynaudio Evoke 50ā€™sā€¦ didnā€™t miss the Focalā€™s. Moved them on.

You donā€™t have to.

All of my speakers are white, itā€™s a thing.

HH, a really tough call, sealed box or otherwise.

1 Like

I am about to purchase a pair of ATC SCM 40s which I figured would totally overpower my room. Being a sealed box design they work incredibly well in my average size room. I canā€™t quite believe how good they sound. The bass is ā€œto die forā€!

9 Likes

I have been surprised in the past by some large speakers in small rooms that shouldnā€™t work but do.
Enjoy your new ones.

2 Likes

For what itā€™s worth, I run my Nova through Neat Momentum SX7iā€™s, not so out of balance price wise as these retailed at Ā£8k but this system with Chord Epic (mid range) cables sounds utterly awesome and when Iā€™ve played songs for friends on it there have been several jaww drop moments

1 Like

Beautiful :sunglasses: Our first pair of Sopra 2ā€™s were also in Carrara White :slightly_smiling_face:

3 Likes

Nice, the Nova is surprisingly good for an all in one.

2 Likes

I also have Sopra 2 speakers mated to a Nova. I really wanted a single box integrated that could stream. I realize it is not the best setup, but it is still very good with surprising bass response. I also have a Hegel 190 matches to Kef speakers in the other room. The Hegel also sounds good. I actually prefer its midrange and bass performance over the Nova. The Nova feels more lively and it has a much better interface for streaming. If I feel the itch to upgrade it will hopefully be for a newer, more powerful version of the Nova. Otherwise, I will likely look outside Naim. I would also like need Roon at that point since Naimā€™s streaming interface seems much better than most.

1 Like

Maybe you can trade in the Nova for a SN3/ND5XS2 or NDX2. I havenā€™t heard the Sopra 2 speaker(they sure are pretty) but the SN3 combo would be better without costing you an arm and a leg.

Yes, I totally agree re the Nova, it holds up pretty well for what it is.
I have been listening to Macintosh amps recently (but not with Sopra 2). People say that they pair very well so I might try something at home when the time comes to buy.
I think monoblocks might work well for me as they could hide behind the speakers without being too intrusive.
I had a demo of a Rose (RS250 Korean) preamp/day/streamer which was quite impressive for itā€™s Ā£4k asking price.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.