Football season 2018/19 - the run-in

Great game Mike. I dislike Man U but I have to take my hat off the team and the manager for a stunning performance!

1 Like

Yep. And just flicked over to see ET in the Porto/Roma game which finished with similar drama. Football can be wonderful at times (and bl**dy depressing at others).

1 Like

Forget Kempes, as a Boro fan I was more interested to see the very talented Gaizka Mendieta pictured among the Valencia greats.Even after all his injuries in most games he was a class act for us and still has links with the area today.

1 Like

Agreed that was a fantastic Valencia side and also a great period in your footballing history.

1 Like

A famous 2-1 victory over Spurs at St Mary’s this afternoon for my Saints. I’m thankful for it because Cardiff won too.

Hasenhüttl is good for us and has us playing miles better in a high pressing game. The trouble is some of the others near the bottom are also playing better so we are cancelling each other out.

How did the rest of you Naim footy fans do?

1 Like

Buggeratuon. Third genuinely unlucky defeat to Orient this season probably ends our title hopes.

0-0 with Plymouth this afternoon - sounded like Plymouth’s 6’7 keeper had.a busy afternoon. The commentator said that of this was a boxing match then the towel would have been thrown in. So points dropped (or a point gained?), another away game at Bradford with Barnsley being very much the form team at the moment.

This is unusual, I hope Arsenal will win today. A necessary abhorrent wish to avoid the greater evil…! :wink:

Looking forward to a great match this afternoon against Man U the race for third and fourth is getting a close affair now. The Saints fantastic win against Spurs helped us a great deal and went some way to easing the pain of last weeks robbery.

1 Like

I was disappointed but not surprised by my lot’s performance at Charlton yesterday evening. We could have nicked a point but didn’t really deserve anything. Jackett is persisting with a formation of only one up front. In the early part of the season this seemed to be effective but, unsurprisingly, the better teams in the division have now worked out to negate this. Once again he looked pretty toothless up front. It was only when we had to chase the game and Pitman was brought on as a second forward did we look threatening. I think we’ll still make the play-offs but I like us to start games with a more adventurous formation.

Mark Hughes did that to us , Mike. Dismal doesn’t come close.

Chris, what was that post-match huddle all about?

It would be so bad if we had a Drogba or Costa up front but we don’t :cry:

1 Like

I thought the Arsenal where fantastic against Man U yesterday Emery got his tactics spot on again, he knew they would be a bit leggy after their heroics in Paris last week and played a back three with two main strikers. We will miss Ramsey next season but wish him all the best he has been a great player for Arsenal.

I’ll have a guess at … Hasenhüttl wanting to make a show of togetherness and telling the team that they can beat the best, and to remember what this moment feels like.

(Can my career in Premier League footy management be far away?)

1 Like

Four PL teams in the CL quarter-finals! Very impressive!

1 Like

A very entertaining FA cup tie between Swansea and Man City this evening. Swansea did themselves great credit and will feel aggrieved with Man City’s penalty award and the lack of an offside decision on City’s winner, both of which would likely have been overturned had VAR been in use. That said, Man City could and perhaps should have scored more than three during the second half.

Extraordinary game yesterday. The lads who stand behind us left not long after the third Huddersfield goal went in. The situation looked hopeless, 3-1 down with just 15 minutes left on the clock - but they were very foollish to have left, because they missed a thrilling, rollercoaster ride of a final 15.

Don’t yo just love football?

2 Likes

Nightmare week. One injury 6 minutes into the Orient game has undoubtedly cost us that game and the title and was followed by the worst performance of the season against Barrow. Yesterday was an equally worrying 1st 20 followed by 70 or more of what we usually do and a great goal to win it. Realistically we’re going to finish 6th and be in the play offs. Sigh.

I can’t bear the international break, I just want the Prem.