Football Season 2020 - 2021

Here’s hoping that if they do sign Bale and he’s eligible for Sunday, he’d prefer a round at Stoneham GC.

I think signing Bale is big mistake, he isn’t capable of playing 90 minutes two games in a row, is permanently injured and it will I suspect put and already below par Harry Kane’s nose well and truly out of joint.

Spurs made a huge mistake getting rid of Poch and an even bigger one signing Jose. For the first time in two decades they began to finish above us (Arsenal) each season and got to a CL final but I’m pretty sure that will not be the case this year.

3 Likes

I spoke to a Liverpool supporter today (another one appeared out of the woodwork) and he said I think we’re going to sell Salah and buy Mbappe because and I quote,

‘He keeps fluttering his eyelashes at Klopp’

I’d love to see Klopp explain that away after slagging Chelsea off for spending 200 million
he said and with no sense of irony that Liverpool where not that type of club.
They (Liverpool) have spent close to half a billion pounds on players since Klopp has been there.

I had another Liverpool supporter tell me with a straight face that Jurgen Klopp is the best manager in the world and will go on too become both the greatest Liverpool manager of all time and the greatest manager in English football history.

2 Likes

The only thing that’s getting pushed is a Gooner’s nose out of joint… :grin:

1 Like

That is by far the best laugh I’ve had in ages. Erm no thanks we’ve already got a £350,000 a week squad player.

The first person on the thread to criticise Bale’s move back to Spurs is… (drum roll)
an Arsenal fan !!

1 Like

7 Likes

Deli Alli and Ryan Sessegnon both look to be floundering at Spurs and both need a move away I suspect to reboot their careers.

1 Like

1 Like

@TheKevster Your Irons are schizoid! They were unlucky not to get anything today.

2 Likes

I’d say they where 50% better and we where 50% worse as Arteta put it the first 15 mins where the worst Arsenal had played since he took over and we where very, very lucky to get all three points I think a draw would have been a fairer result.

1 Like

Eagles off to a cracking start - very confident display against United. Feeling glad all over

3 Likes

It’s not very often as a Palace fan I can get to do this so may as well enjoy it while it lasts!

1 Like

All in all a very satisfactory weekend for Tottenham!

1 Like

Arsenal were missing my bhoy Kieran, Kolasinac doesn’t belong in a top team – and I can’t stand Ceballos.

You’re absolutely right about KT he has the ability and strength of character to become the very, very best and Kolasinac is weak in comparison.

I do have to disagree about Ceballos though, agreed he isn’t a long term solution because he neither fully fills the defensive or offensive midfield position that we need but he can do a job for us as a squad player.

At the end of the day we desperately need a defensive midfielder to partner Granit Xhaka Thomas Partey would be ideal and we also need some creativity in the middle Aouar from Lyon hopefully.

I don’t doubt the ability of Ceballos, but there’s something about him that makes my flesh crawl. I know that’s irrational of me, but there you go.

Maybe it’s the gum shield thing it is irrational but I used to feel the same way about John Terry and still do about Stephen Gerrard.

2 Likes

One of those moments when you just want to curl up and die.

“Ryan Reynolds: Hollywood star in Wrexham takeover bid”

So, it was ‘only’ the League Cup and ‘only’ Barnsley but 6-0! I’ll take that, especially with young Havertz, who’s looked a bit out of place in his first two league games, getting a hat trick.

Reminded me of many years ago, when in the league, Chelsea went to Barnsley and won 6-0, with Vialli (:grinning:) scoring 4. The following week Barnsley lost 5-0 to Arsenal and bless the fans for singing “You’re not as good as Chelsea…”