Football Season 2020 - 2021

I don’t think Liverpool will be running away with a title this season or win it at all and that isn’t based on that display this evening.

1. Man City
  2. Chelsea
  3. Liverpool
  4. Arsenal

Willian is great, however we’ve brought in some good’uns in the creative midfield department and with Pulisic, Mount, Gilmour and CHO in the squad already he’s gonna be facing rotation. As with Lamps, Pedro, Cech and others in the past, Chelsea do have a history of letting players who have been great servants to the team leave on friendly terms.

That’s true.

Could Chelsea have overdone the new signings? Although they’re all top-quality players, they could take a while to bed in. If they do hit the ground running, this prediction will be way off:

1. Man City
  2. Liverpool
  3. Arsenal
  4. Man Utd
1 Like

Gawd, this season’s gonna be a slog for we Irons.

Not kidding, pal. It already looks like you’ll struggle to find three worse teams.

Still, Willian, Wilson and Captain Salah made it a good day in FFL🙂

1 Like

A comment left on the BBC’s HYS after Saints’ 1-0 defeat yesterday, away at Palace:

“southampton wouldn’t have scored against crystal carrington.”

3 Likes

That’s a blast-from-the-past, Chris. The days of shoulder pads and lots and lots of make-up.

1 Like

Yeah, sounds more like Kris Kamara

Everton looked decent some good debuts from their new signings but Spurs where as flat as a pancake.

3 Likes

Handy win for Leicester; typically the first 40 minutes was a bit flat but as soon as we went out for more riveting Sunday afternoon enjoyment the goals started flowing. Nice to come home to a 0 - 3 tho.

James makes Everton more interesting to watch. He can create chances out of nowhere.

I’m also happy to see new signings of Nufc performing strong against Westham.

1 Like

Just watching Chelsea v Brighton and the Seagulls the better team and are very unlucky to be 1-0 down to a very soft penalty.

Hmmm, usual picture. Shocking keeper, fragile defence but scoring goals…But enough of that, happy birthday Butch🙂

+1
He never played for a team that I liked (especially north of the border), but he always seemed to be a great guy.

Chelsea ended up 3-1 winners in the end Brighton ran out of steam after an excellent start to the second half and Chelsea 's quality came through the end.

After defeat away at Palace on the opening day and defeat at home this evening to Brentford in the League Cup, I’m fearful for Saints at home to Spurs on Sunday.

We don’t seem to be playing quickly enough, and to my eye, playmaker James Ward-Prowse is playing too deep.

This isn’t the Spurs from a couple of seasons ago they are beatable.

3 Likes

Well our Captain and Talisman finally signed a three year contract, yes it’s a huge amount for a striker over 30 and yes since he has been with us we’ve only been place 8th and 11th in the league but in a very, very average Arsenal side he has managed a joint Golden Boot in the 2018/19 season and was only a goal behind Vardy last season.

Under Arteta in his (Arteta’s) first full season I expect him to really shine and without injury I’m expecting 25+ goals from him which will help get us into the CL this year if he does that for two seasons then he has paid for himself.

1 Like