Football Season 2021 - 2022

I heard Arsenal had signed Tavares.

Quality back line.

5 Likes

Some history of the relationship between Arsenal and Rangers you might find interesting.

Some wags have unkindly pointed out that Willian appears to have spent pre-season getting pregnant…

1 Like

F****** disgraceful £250,000 per week and he turns up like that why doesn’t he just cancel his contract if he’s not interested.

Is that genuine? If so, that’s unconscionable.

Calm down, calm down.

He’s probably on a calorie controlled diet for 11 months a years.

So he’s had a few pies, burgers and beers during his holidays. SO WHAT.

I wonder if Saka and Rashford realise how much stick they’re going to get at every away ground next season.

I remember the season after Beckham was sent off against Argentina which resulted in England being knocked out of the world cup. At Goodison Park the level of booing and shouting every time he touched the ball was unbelievable. It was nothing personal, just an opportunity for the fans to get at an opposition player.

If I was Sancho, I’d stay in Germany.

Those boys will get no stick you are firmly living in the past and as for Willian he’s getting £1 million pounds per month to not stuff his fat face!

Kit by Tik Tok, Aviation Gin, Expedia ahd Ifor Willians Trailers. A fascinating season awaits if you’re a Wrexham AFC fan.

1 Like

Apparently Arsenal have had a £50 million bid accepted for Ben White the Brighton & Hove Albion Central defender let go as a youth player by Southampton I believe.

If this happens it is an excellent signing for us as Ben is right footed he will be a perfect match for the left footed Gabriel he also can play at right back and as a defensive midfielder. We just need a defensive midfield player to partner Tomas Partey and a creative attacking mid fielder to partner Emile Smith Rowe who is just about to sign a new long term contract which is fantastic news.

It is also officially announced that we have signed Albert Sambi Lokonga the Belgian U21 from Anderlecht on a long term deal the player is considered as a real prospect and was recommended to Mikel Arteta by his good friend and manager of Anderlecht Vincent Kompay Lokonga is also highly
thought by Belgian national team coach and Arsenal legend Thierry Henry.

It certainly does. They are building the infrastructure with a view to sustainability. Just need a team to match now which is proving to be a slow process. Plenty released at the end of last season but only 3 replacements so far.

Sounding suspiciously like an actual Wrexham fan there. Have I accidentally found an ally?

Indeed you have. Not been recently, last game was Halifax away about 3 years ago as I am near Huddersfield but have been a fan since about 1970 when I used to go with my dad and sister. Those were the days!!

1 Like

Well well. Good to meet you. I started around 1976 and it’s still the case that there’s never a dull moment.

1 Like

Very glad I wasn’t at Celtic Park today. @TheKevster might feel differently. Well played the Irons; I’m surprised Celtic even got two. It’s going to be a long, miserable season for the Bhoys as their inexorable decline continues. Sigh.

1 Like

The rumours around James Maddison signing for the Arsenal persist as do the ones regarding Tammy Abrahams. We’ve been rumoured to sign no end of players this Summer but those two seem to be most likely especially the Maddison one who alongside Emil Smith-Rowe who just signed a long term deal would make a formidable midfield.

Will be interesting to read the Non-League Paper tomorrow. Wrexham AFC signing Mullin doesn’t guarantee anything but robbing three Championship clubs of a player that two of them were confident of signing to take him down to the NL is quite a message to send.

I was very pleased when Mullin signed but I still can’t quite get my head around whether we are now splashing the cash and will back him up with good midfielders or if that is that for the ‘special’ signings.

It doesn’t usually get this exciting supporting Wrexham since we almost disappeared. I was honestly resigned to the fact that a couple of Wembley appearances were going to be the last good memories!!!

I agree someone to break up play would be ideal but we also having had anyone to pick a pass for ages so that needs addressing. Being based in Yorkshire curtails my visits nowadays as even when visiting my Mum in Mold - as I did yesterday - I feel it a bit rude to then spend all afternoon at the footy!

Halifax away on a cold Tuesday night it is then :grinning:

I’m not one for conspiracy theories,perhaps you’re correct, but how did the Gers get control of the Celtic Board?