Football season 2022 - 2023

Yes apparently the Premier League gets about 70% of all TV money available in Europe. And it seems that my team, Forest, are spending their share rather quickly!

Billionaire owners as well but yeah, it’s the TV money.
The Premier League has the most lucrative TV deal across Europe. Spanish, Italian and German leagues just can’t compete with us anymore, which is why they were so keen to start the so called “Super League”.

There was a time when clubs could take the moral high ground in this but clubs can’t fight it any more and the reality for players is equally brutal. Championship level clubs have largely seen a drop in income of 75% since the 1st lock down. It will take years to recover and may not do so. The gap between the EPL and the Championship grows worryingly large.

It’s ultimately why Forest may survive but Bournmouth may not. It’s why my club can sign Mullin from under the noses of Championship clubs and not one of them could compete financially.

1 Like

Here’s what £107M buys you.

A shirt?

3 Likes

I thought I’d set it up for someone.

Ignoring the price, it seems we can, he looks to be a very good buy on footballing terms. Swapping out Jorginho for this guy may be the catalyst to rejuvenate your season, not unlike Casemiro for United. I am slightly jealous.

1 Like

We’ll see, I’ve only seen him in a couple of world cup games and…that’s it!

I assume our 5 man recruitment team have seen more.

When I was confined to a ( hotel room ) (hint: Edgar Broughton fans) a five star hotel in Malta for ten days , the only thing worth watching was the footie and the odd rugby match. Most of it was the Premier League (though the German matches were good)

In hotel rooms in Kenya and South Africa I’ve watched the Premier League , it’s probably the only export not knackered by ***it .

1 Like

And if you do manage to get that top four slot, nobody with give two hoots how much has been spent, assuming that no new signings will take place in the Summer and only sales with happen to go some way to balance the books. Still, quite a gamble.

If your scouting team is anything like ours, then I doubt it… :grin:

Hmmm, I think that horse has bolted, it’s surely Arsenal, the Mancs and Newcastle this year, that’s where the momentum is.

I suspect it will be Europa League next season (with a Chelsea vs Liverpool final) or we’ll win CL this season perhaps!

1 Like

Back where we belong.

Atb
Kk

1 Like

Not an attempt at Chelsea bashing but a serious point in relation to harmony in the dressing room. What it will do is possibly encourage players that aren’t getting regular football to seek clubs elsewhere and get Chelsea some income to try to balance the books next year when the FFP come knocking.

For Potter, this must be a knightmare scenario, trying to get a working team out of these disparate players and who are able to challenge for the top 4

I watch the Premier League, like all the other suckers. But it does make me queasy. What an obscene, corrupt, grasping, cheating cesspit of unregulated, filthy lucre.

1 Like

Yeh, but enough about Arsenal.

2 Likes

I think they’re regulated :wink::joy:

1 Like

So…another huge game in League One this weekend. Argyle are taking 3700 fans to Hillsborough. Any Owls here ?

No but we’re taking over 4,000 to Sheffield next Tuesday for a likely meaningless replay.