Football season 2022 - 2023

He’s fallen out with Pep by the sounds of it.

1 Like

Here are his stats against the 90 million rated Caicedo he is probably not the player we want but at the sharp end of the season maybe his experience will be valuable

Isn’t Partey crocked? Jorginho would help in his absence.

It’s an interesting move. Keen to see if he can adapt to Arsenal fast paced game. He is a quality player though.

Nope. He’s fine and should be available Saturday.

Never been keen. Penalties OK though.

Almost a first for Norwich. We have signed a player who is not currently injured or is just recovering from a serious injury.

Things are looking up…

In view of the constant secrecy surrounding most of our transfer dealings, I wonder how much we paid Rangers to take Cantwell?

Having complained about our midfield, Patrick must have listened! Ahamada from Stuttgart for £10m, Lokonga from Arsenal and the 17 yr old Scottish wunderkind Dylan Reid

His level has definitely dropped since the Euros.

Jorginho has been brought in for cover and incase of injury to either Partey or Xhaka not as a starting 11 he is an upgrade on Elneny whose injured anyway and Lakonga and has PL experience.

I see Chelsea have dropped another £100 million plus and an 8.5 year contract for Enzo Fernandez if I was a Chelsea fan I’d be concerned TB is gambling massively on these huge long term contracts.

Chelsea have just spent more than every other club in top leagues of Germany, France, Italy, Spain and Portugal combined.

1 Like

Love how we’re routinely signing league one players but the BBC still insist on the pluckily little non-league Wrexham Hollywood storyline nonsense.

Fun football fact of the day - Chelsea have spent more in this transfer window than total spend of La Liga, Serie A, Bundesliga and Ligue 1 combined

2 Likes

I don’t yet have ‘concerns’ as such, at least not compared with the summer signings, apart from dropping £100M + on a single player.

Bar a couple of youngsters, there wasn’t one summer signing that made sense to me. It still seems blurry who was behind those.

This crop seem much more of a measured take and certainly what I’ve seen of Mudryk, Felix and Badiashile at least, they have talent.

Fernandez though? Not sure anyone’s worth that except Messi perhaps. Lukaku wasn’t, but I thought that was a terrible signing too. Time will tell I guess.

Personally I’ve found Jorginho one of our most frustrating players over the years. The epitome of Sarriball, he rarely looks forwards and has been a bit slow of late too. Perhaps the change will do him good however. Not sure who’s taking our pens now!

These are the media narratives of the now though aren’t they?

As you say, the ‘plucky’ minnows over achieving(!) and the hoped for abject failure of Chelsea’s OTT spending in the coming months/or ‘buying yourself success’ mud slinging.

Meanwhile Newcastle and Brighton march on in 2023!

1 Like

Let’s not muddy the waters Jorginho was far from our first choice though Arteta has been a fan since his Napoli days.

But in games we are winning comfortably Partey needs a rest and the game needs slowing down for 15/20 mins Jorginho will be the perfect sub also during some European games.

Reported that we received £1.5 million but I’d be surprised if we received a penny.
I see Ramsey has now gone to Middlesbrough. He was a good loan signing and I’m disappointed we’ve allowed him to join a club competing with us for the playoffs.

Everton doing their own version of Dry January buy signing no one!
I suppose the £40million they received for Gordan might come in handy if they get relegated.

1 Like

According to a quote in live feed in Grauniad yesterday, Everton being treated as though they had an STD!

1 Like

Quite a match last night, one great goals and real passion.

A really nasty foul deserving something more than a straight red card.

Doesn’t seem right to me. How is the PL so rich now that it can just plunder all the young talent from Europe. Is it all down to TV money?

1 Like