Football season 2022 - 2023

For once, a great night out at the Dildodrome, as we put AEK Larnaca to the sword 4–0 (6–0 on aggregate). Everyone was delighted to see Scamacca get one (are you listening Moyes) and it was wonderful to see 18 year old Divin Mubama (a local lad who’s been playing with the club since age eight) score his first goal in only his third appearance for the first team.

The European adventure continues. Draw for the next round tomorrow.

1 Like

What an excellent match at the Emirates last night unfortunately we went out on penalties but now we can focus on what’s really important.

1 Like

Aye, that Sporting goal is a history book one.
Unbelievable.

2 Likes

You shouldn’t have too much trouble against us on Sunday as Palace just confirmed that PV is sacked. Personally I’m not sure that is right decision considering how well he did last year given right players. However, I suppose that you can argue that good managers should be able to cope in the tough times as well. Although I’m not sure that there are that many really good managers around who can make teams greater than the sum of their parts. Goodbye Patrick and good luck

2 Likes

Man U stroll into the next round. I see arseanal were dumped out.

Atb
Kk

2 Likes

How did arsenal with all the silverware they won recently possibly lose? Unbelievable!

Atb
Kk

One League Cup and things seem to have gone to your head!

1 Like

Just ignore them

A few wins, and all the part-time Mancs come out of the woodwork, Bob. Like a bad smell that just won’t go away…

This is so easy

Atb
Kk

2 Likes

As a Man U fan for now 60 years, but living in Hampshire, I agree about the part-time fans. Haven’t seen any of them on this forum though.

I find one of the great things about going to Old Trafford is seeing the fans that have obviously travelled from overseas for a ‘trip of a life time’, clutching their Megastore purchases and taking loads of selfies. Their joy is infectious.

In terms of the League Cup, there isn’t room in my head for that. It is crowded with the 20 league titles, European Cups etc - enjoy the echo of empty spaces!!

3 Likes

Yes, I’m sure you and @keanoking are home and away supporting season ticket holders. If so, then I apologise.

I was at the LC Final (along with every other NUFC league game this season), and loads of Mancs didn’t even stay to see the trophy presented. They don’t deserve a football team. It makes me sick.

God you lot are boring like a broken record living in the past

Sadly distance and work prevented me holding a season ticket but I have somehow managed to get tickets for 4 of the next 5 home games - the season ticket waiting list is currently closed to new entrants.

We all know Geordie fans are superb. I was at a Cardiff FA Cup semi-final almost 20 years ago and they, in a very good humoured way, took over the city.

I make a point of not leaving until the players I have come to support have left the pitch. I know travel can be hard but i think it is part of supporting the team. Don’t get me started on fans who leave before the end of a game!

Thanks for your best wishes @Bobthebuilder ! Our recent past hasn’t been littered with success but it does make it even sweeter when it returns. I genuinely hope you find out at the end of the season but do watch out for Citeh.

1 Like

I thought a very poor sacking. But for poor finishing you could have been a couple of goals up on us before we scored on Wednesday. And the loss of the Chelsea loanee can’t have helped this year.

Indeed. I think PV would have pulled us back up after our difficult run. Usual case of poor board decisions and underinvestment but resulting in the manager copping it. I thought Steve Parish better than that

4 Likes

I remember the game in Cardiff. We were hammered. I got there direct from a UEFA Cup game in Lisbon, where we’d also been hammered! Happy days. Well, sort of…! Take Care.

1 Like

Is there anything more needlessly pejorative than “part-time fan”?

We were all new fans once. Without new fans, weirdly, your club dies. We all start supporting at different times; for different reasons; in different places and in different ways. To suggest someone is somehow lesser of a fan or somehow less entitled to an opinion is exactly the sort of approach which puts some off discussions like this because they gain the impression, who knows how, that some people enjoy the pointless macho aggressive tribalism more than the sport.

Perish the thought eh.

5 Likes

Bit more than a few wins- and there aren’t any Mancunian part timers that I know

1 Like

Well reach for the bag then, you dont have to go back too far to see Geordies streaming out of the stadium after 70 minutes - great support that is