Football season 2022 - 2023

Still not a fan of having a go at fans. Fails to take account of the fact that people often have limited travel options for many midweek games and people leave games early for many reasons.

1 Like

Yes I agree - its churlish behaviour - and Andy’s comments weren’t at all welcome.
I always used to remember fondly the Malcolm Macdonald era at St James Park but of late whenever I think of Newcastle its always Kevin Keegan’s capitulation in 96 that comes to mind first - one of our sweetest titles that one

1 Like

Notts County have won one in four. Wrexham doing it the hard way. Lost the keeper at half time to his third injury in three season at Bromley. Lost Mullin to a possible hamstring. Not sure my heart can stand too much more of this. Season with a few more twists left in it thanks to the above.

1 Like

My best mate wrote the well-received Bromley books, The Bromley Boys and Home And Away. So I was a bit torn today. Anyway, well done, and I hope Wrexham can hold their nerve through what will be a tumultuous run-in.

1 Like

It was a very dodgy penalty (of course :grin:), but that confirmed our reputation as Spursy. :roll_eyes:

This team is slowly pushing me over the edge…

Hide all sharp objects…

2 Likes

Wow ! Just wow !

Conte goes ballistic in post match interview.

Most of what he said was true but you don’t air your dirty washing in public…

Levy has no option but to sack him - a pity because I mostly blame our s*** players for our current situation.

2 Likes

Conte’s post-match interview is certainly worth a watch. Rare to see a top manager like him be so candid. As @Wugged_Woy says, I thought there was much truth in what he said, though I don’t think Levy will have the balls to sack him.

1 Like

Guys, don’t take it personally! With football, you’re either in or you’re out.

A ‘fan’ has a favourite football team, a ‘supporter’ goes to the matches and supports the team. As the old adage goes; you can’t call yourself a supporter if you don’t go to the match.

It’s a personal choice. Support a team, or don’t. It’s really no big issue. That’s that.

1 Like

Going to need more than nerve. Keeper apparently caught his studs in the pitch and has done his knee ligaments. Mullin may have done his hamstring.

Bizarre stuff going on with Notts County Fan Zone where there us much conviction that our millions have largely been siphoned towards paying off match officials and buying Mullin penalties. Football does very strange things to people.

No doubt Conte is leaving though- whether sacked or not
Where to now for Spurs?

Agreed

Indeed. As this forum clearly demonstrates. :wink:

You might be amused to hear that my American wife is now eagerly following the fortunes of Wrexham, although Liverpool reign supreme in her affections.

To challenge the narrative of ‘where now for Spurs, where now for Conte?’ doubtless to be promulgated by MoTD in a few minutes time, and your papers tomorrow, let’s hear it for the Saints side that was fighting for their lives at 3-1 down to top four opposition with 16 mins to go, and pulled it back to 3-3.

7 Likes

Fancy only drawing with Spuds and allowing them to put three past Bazunu.

Ruben Selles has to go Chris.

4 Likes

V droll!

One of the stranger aspects of the whole thing is getting on a train in Manchester and hearing American/Canadian accents and thinking “I think I can guess where you’re going”. Then arriving in Chester for more of the same before trying to have a pre match pint in the Maes Gwyn or the Wrexham Lager Club only to realise there is no escape. It’s lovely but just a tad surreal occasionally. People who have literally never left the US making their first journey abroad to NE Wales because they saw a programme and a very strange one at that.

Many of my school friends are Liverpool season ticket holders and it’s entertaining to see their bewilderment as I explain that there is not a hope in hell of getting tickets for any Wrexham game. Notts County tickets currently going for £250 allegedly for a game that won’t even decide the title.

1 Like

Absolutely surreal. I was urged to watch that TV show by a great pal here in deepest Florida who had no interest in or knowledge of “soccer.” Now he can rattle off the names of the Wrexham players, is familiar with the half-time talks of Phil Parkinson, and understands the fine points of the English pyramid system.

1 Like

I have to admire the Burnley supporters tonight. Picture is in the 92nd minute of the 6-0 loss to Man City. Most stayed and were singing until the end!

4 Likes

Sorry Andy but that is utter rubbish.

It’s true sir, but you probably know that…

In the words of Jimmy Tarbuck, we’ll just have to agree to disagree.