Football season 2022 - 2023

Arsenal 6-0 Sevilla.

A Gabby Jesus hat trick, two for Bukayo Saka and one from Eddie Nketia Arsenal wrapped up a good Pre Season with a win against Sevilla who finished 4th in La Liga last season and are in the Champions League. Of course the real test comes on Friday night against a very good looking Crystal Palace side .

1 Like

I’m pleased with Pompey’s opening game at Sheff Weds. I was confident we were going to lose quite heavily, as we did there in the last game of last season. The opening 20 mins was consistent with my expectation and I was relieved to get to HT only 1 down. The second half was a different matter. The Sheff W’s defence looked weak when dealing with crosses and so it proved. We might at last have a forward line which carries a threat. Overall, a 3-3 draw was very entertaining and a fair result. I’m now looking forward to our first home game against Lincoln City next Saturday.

A very satisfying West Ham U19s victory over the Spuds yesterday: 8–0! Hopefully a portent of the EPL season to come.

4 Likes

Worth every penny

1 Like

My Saints have a tough start away at Spurs on Saturday. If we can manage a point, this Saints fan will be happy. Longer term, it’s more a question of whether the new coaching team can get the exciting young prospects that we have signed to gel and perform.

Who have you got and what are your thoughts?

Palace away for the season opener tonight it’s set up nicely for Arsenal to fail again just like last year, another season opener, another Friday night and another London derby it’s also no coincidence that the Amazon Prime All or Nothing fly on the wall series started yesterday with episode 1 dealing with last years loss at Brentford.

Palace are are much harder prospect than Brentford Patrick Viera had their excellent squad performing last season and plus the fact that they really have become a bogey team for us especially at Selhurst Park but I genuine feel we are a different team this seaon and so I’m going to go for a draw but I wouldn’t be at all be surprised if we win.

1 Like

Agree that it is going to be a tough match. With quite a few new players I’m not sure if I can call tonight’s result

1 Like

I’d say you’re favorites playing at home with an excellent record against us at Selhurst Park across three managers and many different line ups.

Citeh at home. So the atmosphere will be fantastic but our 2022/3 season will start off with a loss.

1 Like

Really happy that the PL is back I’m really looking forward to this season No 9’s are back in fashion.

Will it be a No 9 that makes the difference this year in the title race?

What I will be wearing to Selhurst Park tonight!

I won’t be wearing anything else mind you - it’s the Palace way! :laughing:

2 Likes

I wish you the very best of luck, crispyduck…

:grin:

COYS

1 Like

What I’ll be wearing in my living room.

Anything on your bottom half?

And to celebrate the new season, I present the birthday card I recently received:

6 Likes

Matching gold budgie smugglers!

1 Like

10 Likes

Now I’m going to have to run across the pitch tonight to show mine off :rofl:

A reminder you can join The Flatearthers fantasy league team before tonight’s kick off…

Link is above, in a post a few weeks back.

Or you can go into FPL page and join ‘The Flatearthers ’ using code 5wdfbf

To the sound of Glad All Over!

1 Like