Football season 2022 - 2023

I think you can substitute Webber for Delia in your message. The club should have ample resources to establish themselves in the lower rungs of the Premiership & then consider attracting suitable investors/owners. The biggest problem we face at present is our head of recruitment.

Either way it’s a sorry situation. We struck lucky with Holt & Pukki & badly need to do so again.

The appetite for football at Carrow Road is definitely there, as witnessed by the size of the crowd on Tuesday evening. Nearly 3 times any other match on Tuesday or Wednesday for the cup ties except for our friends down the road. Even then we attracted 50% more fans than them.

I’m afraid the head of recruitment is constrained by Delia’s inability to fund the club in the higher leagues. We gamble on finding a Maddison because without the odd £20m coming into the club on top of parachute payments the self funding flies out of the window.
That said last years recruitment was dire and having blown £60m I can’t think of many jobs where the person responsible would still be in a job!
The problem with Norwich is we in Norfolk are too tolerant at times. No matter how bad things are on the pitch we still turn up. I don’t think fans in most parts of the country would have put up with our owners as long as we have.

We are losing to Hull as I type this.

I agree with a lot of what you say about Delia. However I don’t think that explains three & a half (so far) abysmal performances against sides unlikely to be the cream of the Championship this season.

And The Mighty Whites gallop into fourth place … … … European football, here we come … … … What’s that you say? … … … it’s only week # two of the season? … … … Oh, all right, I’ll calm down then. :rofl:

M.O.T.

1 Like

Looking on the bright side our current form means there will be no further parachute payments after the current series so hastening Delia’s departure.
The club is now in a real mess of her making.
The club needs a clean sweep, starting at the top.
Not looking forward to Tuesdays game.

Come on guys. Only 3 games played. There’s a very, very long way to go. Look what happened to Forest last season after an awful start.

1 Like

Man U 4-0 to Brentford in under 40 mins. Hilarious :joy:

8 Likes

As I recall they went and hired a manager who knew what he was doing.
We’re stuck with a bloke who spent a fortune at Villa to get in the play offs!
After more than half a season we still have no discernible pattern of play.
I’d have Daniel Farke back in an instance.

So would I &, by the look of them, so would the players.

1 Like

After this evening’s PL game I suspect the media and pundits will mainly focus on the slow-motion implosion that seems to be happening at Man United but Brentford deserve huge credit. I also couldn’t help but be uplifted by the emotion and joy from their fans at the end of the game.

3 Likes

Enjoyed that a lot, more please!

My son and I have just got back from the Etihad. Mrs R asked us how things went today. I said: “The score in the Manchester game was 4-0. The score in the Manchester game was 4-0.” Mrs R is used to my cryptic teasers and after a couple of moments worked it out.

Watching MoTD. Man U really were as bad first half as everyone has been saying they were.

1 Like

The two boys from Sao Paolo Martinelli and Jesus where electric today.

2 Likes

I was crying not laughing

Jesus was always going to be a good buy- surprised Pep sold him- but im sure he knows what he is doing

The Arsenal have another Gabriel from Brazil, Gabriel Marquinhos is on fire playing for the U21 team 3 goals and 3 assists in 2 games against Man U and West Ham and so I don’t think it will be very long before we see him in an all Brazilian front three , Gabriels Martinelli, Jesus and Marquinhos because we can’t expect Saka to play as many games as he did last year especially now we are in Europe again.

Is there anything that would tempt the Glazers to sell?. Presumably only hard cash

1 Like

I would think its only about the money, they haven’t given any public indication off a desire to sell either, so who knows their plans.

Michael Knighton is attempting to lead a takeover of the club at present - I think United fans would welcome new owners-understatement

The Glaziers have spent more money on the Man Utd squad over the past years than the owners of Man City, Chelsea, Arsenal and Liverpool so what have they done so wrong?