Football season 2022 - 2023

Now do you feel better for posting that :thinking: :joy:

Think BTB should gain a Sky award for biting the bait all season :thinking:

Yes, @PaulM, I’ve just been reading about that. What with the worsening financial position perhaps the Foxes won’t be so competitive after all. :slightly_frowning_face:

2 Likes

A disappointing end of season, @Bobthebuilder, but overall the Gunners have had a brilliant season and what with a young, talented squad I think you should be looking to 23/24 with optimism.

4 Likes

Yes with some shrewd additions.

1 Like

Thanks pal. Ange should really sit tight for another year or two; let’s see how he manages any potential setbacks. Going the London route lies madness. All the best to you and your mob. :beers:

Very, very cruel on Barnsley to lose the play-off with the last kick (well, header) of the game in injury time on extra time, particularly as they had played for so long with ten men. However, I’m really pleased for Darren Moore (or Bruno, as he was know when he was a centre-back for Pompey) who has taken awful lot of nasty stick from some Wednesday fans. He’s responded with dignity and professionalism and I wish him well in the Championship. And that Wednesday finished L1 with 96 points and still didn’t go up automatically suggests that the footballing gods were watching the play-offs.

3 Likes

Agree on all counts, I wanted SW to win for Darren Moore, however, Barnsley were magnificent with only 10 men for circa 75 mins so again I feel a little sad for them.

1 Like

Is there a reason death threats and racist abuse are reclassified as “nasty stick”? Let’s call it what it is else it never stops.

1 Like

From today’s Times - Arsenal best vfm and Chelsea worst

1 Like

Not surprised about woeful Chelsea and congrats to Arsenal for winning this league :joy:

1 Like

rumours of Potter going to Palace. Will be controversial, but probably a good fit given Palace traditionally have a very strong youth set up.

1 Like

Ooh! Where have you heard that?

If true it will make future Eagles v Seagulls encounters rather fruity!

1 Like

David Squires season awards. Roy Hodgson as a member of Kraftwerk made me LOL

3 Likes

Twas a Twitter link someone showed me. So very much with a pinch of salt !

It’s actually being reported on a few football specific sites so not sure if true either!

The more sites, the less truth. An inverse rule of football!

I think as well as youth footballers, his other strength is converting club from a 16th park the bus team to an east on the eye team that can challenge in cups. Which is basically what he did for us, and I guess what Vierra didnt do (for whatever reason) for you. So would be a good signing

1 Like

and I do like the Luton mention, really funny; Pleaty & the Foz…those were the days!

1 Like

Or Nice. Apparently.

Croydon or the Cote D’Azure Mr P?

The Cronx surely?