Football season 2022 - 2023

Want to live a long life?

From todays paper:-

Former Bishop of London, Richard Chartres, recalls that when the Queen asked a centenarian, at a Maundy service, to what he attributed his long life, he replied -

‘I am a Norwich City supporter & I only drink alcohol when they win.’

Now you know…

8 Likes

I may have a few years left after all!:wink:

We’ve got Super Mikel Arteta

Ivan Toenail looked toothless, nailless and useless!!

Top ‘o’ the league!!!

1 Like

More than a few after yesterday, by the sound of things!

1 Like

The Arsenal were so comfortable today against a very good Brentford side that where able to bring on Fifteen-year-old Ethan Nwaneri who became the youngest player in Premier League history .

He almost gives one the impression that football is an intelligent sport.

My favourite back in the days was Pavel Nedved.

1 Like

Not the best game I’ve seen. I think they’ve worked us out!

Absolute rubbish from WHU today in a VERY poor game. I hope The Moyesiah uses the international break to work out what his best team might be.

The most entertaining thing from a West Ham perspective, was Moysees face when one of his players kicked the ball into the side netting from a corner. :grinning:

This guy clearly had class.

“Defender Jean-Clair Todibo received the quickest red card in Ligue 1 history by getting sent off just nine seconds into Nice’s home defeat by Angers.”

I wonder if this may prove to be our most productive signing?

He has to be an improvement on Godd Boehly.

Not a footie reply…have you seen that Rick Simpson is playing jazz cafe 5/10 (In rainbows)?

Couldnt decide whether this should go in the footy thread or the Her Maj thread, on this “day of days”.

From the Beeb’s website:

Nothing to add, except…I was there!

@suzywong - I was working in Southampton at that time and alongside a couple of Saints fans. Boy, did I get some stick. :unamused:

I recognise that feeling.

1 Like

LOL, I got it the other way round. I spent all of my working career on the old Portsmouth airport…I think I was the only red & white in a sea of blue!

Don’t know what’s going on with WHU not only kept hold of an excellent squad but also added Paqueta, Scamacca, Aguerd and Emerson all quality signings it makes no sense.

1 Like

It’s weird Bob as we are doing fine in Europe- just can’t seem to get started in the league! It doesn’t help that Bowen, Soucek and Coufal have all been rubbish this season - and The Moyesiah keeps playing them when we have some unbelievable talent that keeps getting benched.

Yeah, Hammers, Forest and Leicester going down at the moment.

Who’d have predicted that? :wink: