Football season 2022 - 2023

Aubameyang hasn’t been mentioned since about the 5th minute.

My local paper has reported that Haaland was taken off and ‘rested for the next game’, against FC Copenhagen in the Champions League last night, after ‘only’ scoring two.

City’s next game is at home to Saints on Saturday. Eeeek.

2 Likes

He could (would?) have scored four home hat tricks in a row had he played the second half!

(Correction: I just remembered he only scored one against Dortmund in that sequence)

I’m certainly not looking forward to his visit to Elland Road on Boxing Day.

I know his dad played for us, and that he is a born and bred Leeds lad, but I think that will only serve to get him more fired up than usual … … … as if that were possible!

Eeeeek, indeed.

M.O.T.

2 Likes

Well at this rate it looks as if Dixie Dean can rest easy. Haaland looks as if he is ‘going of the boil’ & may struggle to reach 50 goals this season.

Guardiola must be regretting not signing Pukki in the summer transfer window instead…

Droll about Pukki.

Perhaps Saints could have signed him. But it’s a bit of a Beverley Knight ‘Shoulda, woulda, coulda’ moment.

How dare you…

1 Like

Good game against Anderlecht - a fabulous goal from Paqueta and Scamacca and a world class save from Areola. Top of the group with a 100% record.

Iiiiiironnnnnsssssss!

4 Likes

Taxi for Brendan…

We claim a moral victory. We conceded fewer at the Etihad than Man Ure!

3 Likes

That’ll do. Away win against a useful side. COME ON YOU MIGHTY SPURS :grinning: :grinning:

Let’s see how the Nomads and the Moral Cesspits do tomorrow. They should both be fresh as they only played in the Wheeltappers and Shunters Darts and Dominoes Leagues 1 and 2 during the week.

A 4-0 defeat at the Etihad today, not too shabby for my Saints. I had anticipated the twelfth man to be coming on with a large jug of orange squash and some little plastic cups, offering both teams drinks. so we got away lightly. As a team, that is, but I am not so sure about the manager.

After ten minutes at Carrow Road yesterday I was thinking 3 or 4-0 home win.
However 90 minutes later and City had managed to overcome the odds and lose 2-3!
All part of the joys and agonies of supporting your local team.

2 Likes

…and you have a tough set of fixtures to come in October: I am not saying that we are one of those tough teams; we play you on the 18th but the others certainly are…

Full strength at the Emirates against Liverpool today except Tomiyasu in for Zinchenko I have a feeling we may get a rare win against Liverpool today

So the two teams that have been beaten by united come together. I suspect arsenal will cheat as usual. Maartenelii falling over himself. Plonka

Atb
Kk

The only good thing from arsenal was Tony adams on strictly!

Atb
Kk

Yet again, The Mighty Whites chuck the game away, by not performing in the second half.

We had Palace on the ropes, but stand back and watch as Eze scored the winner.

Wake up Leeds, that’s us slipped down to only three points clear of a relegation battle!

M.O.T.

1 Like

I must say, Arsenal actually being good is bloody annoying.

2 Likes

And so it came to be… :roll_eyes:

Jesus clearly not without sin.