Football season 2022 - 2023

With a £50 million plus hole in the finances things do not look rosy at the moment and will not improve while she clings on to ownership.
I do wish people would stop referring to Norwich as premiership quality as we proved conclusively on our last two visits we are definitely not!
Oh well, it’s only a game!

It seems mr smith has a few questions of his own :thinking::joy:

I wish that was true John. I have never understood why it hurts so much when we find ourselves in the situation we are in now. It’s not as if this is the first time in the past 43 years (for me)! It just doesn’t get an easier.

I don’t think relegation is in any way likely this season, although we are talking about a side whose specialty seems to be snatch defeat from the jaws of victory. Equally, I also think a top 6 finish is equally unlikely.

I would like to see Smith go, simply because I don’t feel he has any affinity with Norwich. However, whatever our problem are, I think they are not going to be solved by yet another change of manager. Neither do I see any major improvement over the next couple of seasons.

History has shown that, in our current form, literally any team playing us will fancy their chances & this makes all our games in the immediate future all the more difficult.

Finally, & to end on a more positive note, Happy Christmas to All !!

I would like to see both Smiths go.
Deano is useless, after last nights fiasco all he could say is “we had more of the possession but didn’t do enough in the oppositions penalty area.”
As for Delia, in the twenty five years she’s been in charge five have been good the others very forgettable.
If she left tomorrow we’d be in a far worse state than when she started.

And Beth Mead gets the BBC 2022 award! Nice!

Tis a pity she’s a Gooner.

Sorry Bob :laughing:

Things appear to be getting stranger by the day at Carrow Road.
The club didn’t announce the attendance figure after the game as they usually do.
They have finally released the figure as 25,866 which is extraordinary as the ground was half empty and has a capacity of less than 28,000.

The only thing the Gooners will win this season.

Cue Old Man Time chiming in about the past…

I really dont understand how they could come to that decision

Nobody with an ounce of credibility gives a flying do-dar about the award nowadays.

1 Like

Golden boot, player of the tournament, won the trophy in a historic moment for women’s football in this country…Seems an easy decision to me!

2 Likes

Another Man City vs Liverpool classic.

Plenty of goals and action. It’s as if we have never been away from domestic football.

So soothing to bid farewell to the desert greedfest and to purify one’s soul in the unsullied sunlit uplands of, um, domestic football.

5 Likes

Or plain depressing if you happen to follow Norwich…

2 Likes

I watched the ‘lowlights’ on the ITV4 Highlights show & was somewhat shocked by the amount of people leaving extremely early.

Too many wheels appear to be coming of the wagon at the same time for my liking & are starting to give me some real cause for concern.

A good site to visit in order to gain fan feelings as to the current shambles is “ my football writer”.
I think the time is long overdue for new ownership.
Once the directors and manager infer the atmosphere created by the crowd is affecting results the whole place becomes toxic.
The golden rule is always never blame your customer.

1 Like

I will take a look at the website. Very much agree with ‘never blame your customer’.

Being so far from CR I can only imagine what the current atmosphere is like & don’t get the impression that there is anything in the immediate future likely to improve it.

I still feel that whatever has gone wrong, the seeds were sown in March 2020 with the first lock down. We had won the Championship with some style & played attractive football in the Premiership which made us ‘the best team ever to be at the foot of the table’, showed some signs of possibly being able to save ourselves in the remaining 9 games & being any neutrals favourite team.

The team that then lost the remaining 9 games of the season in a row bore little relationship to the entertaining side of the first 29 games & despite another Championship win the following season, for me, never approached the free flowing/free scoring side of two years previously & began the next Premiership season as they ended the \previous one, i.e. expecting to loose each game & playing accordingly.

Something went badly wrong behind the scenes & the majority of performances on the pitch reflected this to me. Again, obviously, may be very unfair to all concerned, but that is very much the impression I got from 400 plus miles away.

My best friend here in Cornwall (& ex. business partner) comes from North Walsham &, like me, takes a casual interest (!) in events at CR, & is very much of the same opinion as me. His son lives in the city, is a season ticker holder & very pally with a couple of recent ex. players who both report that it is increasingly difficult to work out exactly what is going on at the club.

I find the current situation increasingly worrying & fear that our next serious challenge for a place at the top table may be several years away if we don’t make it this season (which looks increasingly unlikely to me).

I’m afraid new owners who can fully fund the club are urgently needed.
26 years of Delia and we’re back where we started but with a far greater financial deficit.
At this level football is a very rich persons game.

Merry Christmas to all Naim football forumites… yes even fans of those other inferior London clubs.

Jesus taught us to have pity on those less fortunate than ourselves…

:grin:

3 Likes

Thought he was out injured for a while?

5 Likes

Premier League starts up again with the Spuds celebrating like they’ve won the League after rescuing a point away at Brentford.

2 Likes