Football season 2022 - 2023

Indeed but a competent first half was followed by some good creative play in the second half. New goalkeeper looked confident. We probably needed that bit of luck but I felt we much more positive than the last few weeks. Early days……:+1:

@Christopher_M - Like many Pompey fans, I was surprised and a bit sceptical about Mousinho’s appointment, Chris. I was hoping for someone with a proven track-record of getting teams promoted. I fear that if our season continues to drift away the crowd will become very restless and their frustration will be directed at the CEO and others, not Mousinho. Still, I suppose I should give the new guy a chance even if he is a newbie.

1 Like

Taxi for Mr Lampard!

I’m not surprised really, Everton were so woeful on Saturday, they made us look like Arsenal (2023 vintage)!

Dunno about that, Bob. I liked young Eddie from the first time I saw him – not that my credentials as an Arsenal fan would get past the committee.

There are several others who have proved me wrong (e.g. Odegaard), and several more who gave me the screaming abdabs from the off (step forward Mr. Aubamayang).

Surprised it took them so long. Hopelessly out of his depth from the get go

Do you think Everton will now make a play for Moyes? (Although he would be insane to go - their problems are much deeper than just the manager)

It’d be interesting to see how quick he gets a new job after this.
He was awful at Chelsea and just as bad at Everton.

Sean Dyche must be sitting by the phone right now…

They might do Chris, but I don’t think Sully would let him go, unless he has someone else lined up somewhere. Despite his attachment to his old club, The Moyesiah can see like the rest of us just what a mess Everton are in and I’m not sure he would go, unless WHUFC sacked him…

1 Like

Yes, I think they will make a play for Dyche, he could get them out of trouble, although that’s a big ask, even for him.

…and Big Sam :thinking:

1 Like

Stevie G…!

So you’re an Arsenal supporter now? We will accept all Celtic supporters but not the blue noses :joy:

So you’re giving Arteta back ?

1 Like

The phrase “out of the frying pan and into the fire” comes to mind!

What a depressing thought

No, no. Arsenal are my English team. I fell in love with footie after my Cockney uncle took me to see Arsenal in late 1966. I continued going to Highbury regularly throughout my boyhood, and am still an armchair fan. But my true love was always going to be from my hometown. I chose Celtic. Of course, not everyone had a choice; most Tims and Bluenoses are born that way.

Only supporters ex players are exempt.

Similar to that bhoyo when my Irish family settled in North London Stoke Newington and Kilburn they began following Arsenal and also had a love of Celtic.

1 Like

How could he do that to a child… ??

Seems like Everton have other ideas…