Football Season 2023/24

Perhaps Alexander-Arnold has been giving Robinson defending tips :wink:

1 Like

This is miserable. I hate to admit it, but there’s only one team in this.

1 Like

Sadly, the oft repeated “no show” from the Jocks, who were outmanoeuvred and controlled by Englandshire right from the off.

Oh well. :roll_eyes: :man_shrugging:

Bellingham, when he’s on the ball, with his easy movement and balance reminds me of Pele.
This is the best England squad I’ve seen and I was watching in 66!

1 Like

Steady on, old chap. It was only against a sub-standard Scotland (he says, through gnashing teeth).

1 Like

Normal service has been resumed. Why should anyone expect otherwise?

Current FIFA Rankings:
England 5th
Scotland 36th

1 Like

Clarke exposed. McGregor and Gilmour the same player. Using both in the midfield especially with no quality strikers = no hope. Not a big fan of Scotland’s national team as it’s “tartan army” supporters are fond of booing my clubs’ players. Still, it is important to beat England now and again. Many thanks to Harry Maguire for his help in his last game for England.

1 Like

You look at film of Pele and you’ll see the similarity.
Whether Bellingham is as successful is another matter.

Considering Scotland has a population way smaller than England’s that’s not surprising. Watching the match yesterday , I was thinking what about a European knockout tournament that excluded the likes of England, France , Italy, Germany .

Watched the match yesterday, so the adverts about abusing players and then heard the chants when Harry Maguire scored an own goal.

For what it’s worth I think he was petty stupid not to move away from Man Utd in the summer break , even out of the country .

1 Like

Like City John, guaranteed to let you down.

1 Like

Yes, don’t understand why he didn’t go to West Ham.

To be honest I’d welcome him at Carrow Road. Something went badly wrong for him at Old Trafford. He’s nowhere as bad as too many make out.

1 Like

The consensus among the faithful is: “we’re happy he didn’t!”

Well, I’d still have him.

1 Like

I think under the right manager he could flourish. It’s definitely not ETH or Mr Waistcoat, not sure who though.

1 Like

Judging from the latest moves concerning the share issue I’m starting to feel slightly more optimistic about the clubs future.

Are you sure you are feeling alright?

If Norwich were in the Premiership he would be an ideal fit . A team in the lower half would enable him to shine

Best wishes

Ian
PS Hello in there

So, next season then…

2 Likes

I wasn’t talking about Bellingham, who, I concur, is a sensational footballer. It’s the collective English amnesia: Every two years the rest of us are told: “We’ve got the greatest England squad since the last time” and “we must be favourites for the Euros/World Cup.”

I’ve heard it every two years since 1966. It wasn’t true the previous 27 times and won’t be true next year either.

1 Like