Football Season 2023/24

I missed the game. Believe it or not, I usually want your mob to win in Europe. Games, that is – not a trophy or anything crazy like that!

Off to watch Norwich at Sunderland this weekend, probably grounds for certification.

Hope you’re feeling better soon…

Mate once travelled up for Sunderland v QPR. 30 minutes away from the ground they called it off because of snow.

Hah! I’m afraid not as far along as you. Perhaps you’re gratified that Rangers success in Europe did the bulk of the work getting the Scotland coefficient high enough for automatic qualification for the SPFL champs? That being said, I hope Celtic can play well enough to keep that place.

1 Like

I suspect I might be being ecumenical in the spirit of the forum ; )

1 Like

Well, Rooney has made a good start at Birmingham: 3 straight league defeats :rofl: What must Eustace be thinking?

2 Likes

I would be interested to find out what attributes Wayne Rooney possesses that will enable him to become a successful football manager.

2 Likes

So would I.

2 Likes

Picturesque start to an early Saturday morning here in British Columbia.
Watching El Classico over coffee

2 Likes

Good second half, 2 goals by Bellingham to win for Madrid. Go figure.

On my way back from Nottingham with the boy. Don’t even care that our train back was cancelled and we’re once again “improvising”.

Parky went with a team no-one would have picked. Two midfielders in defence. No defensive midfielders in midfield. Lost our one defender in the warm up.

Rode our luck in a tremendous game and then produced two moments of magic. Arguably the best performance of the season.

2 Likes

Beautiful view you’ve got there, pal. It’s not Govan, but it is special :wink:

Long time since we’ve been able to relax at half time. What a poor side Huddersfield are. We’re currently looking like best of the rest which, given the mess Farke inherited from Orta & Marsch is worthy of praise. Bigger challenges ahead, Friday!

1 Like

Thanks. After 4 years I still pinch myself on occasion.
The view is dead east and at this time of year, the sunrise can be spectacular. That’s Mt. Baker in your US of A in the distance.

Back to the football, do you wonder that Bellingham has 13 goals in 13 games for Madrid and only two for England in his last 10? Seems to me either poor coaching by Southgate or he just has better players around him in Madrid. :wink:

Or both. Let’s just say both!

1 Like

The Mighty Whites had things easy today against a poor Huddersfield side.

As an attacking force, we are probably among the best in the league, with Rutter, James, Piroe and Gnonto, whilst Summerville continues to make it look easy around the opposition box.

He just drifts past defenders and creates space for himself to have a shot.

Mind you, the four teams immediately behind us all won today, so it was doubly important that we got a result in the early start game.

The media chat about the size of the gap between us and second place Ipswich seems just so much noise, given that we’re not even one third of the way through the season, and I can easily see Leeds moving into an automatic promotion slot, without the use of rose tinted specs.

M.O.T.

3 Likes

Been very impressed with what I’ve seen of Ipswich but I’ve always been of the view that the season doesn’t really start until November…

Thank heavens for that.

So the past three months have just been a bad dream?

1 Like

Historically it’s what you do between November and the end of February which sets the tone for your season. Plenty of teams have bad starts or bad finishes but still achieve.