Football Season 2023/24

Worst of both worlds today, where a single point at home meant we didn’t take advantage of Ipswich drawing with Norwich, whilst it allowed Southampton to draw level on points.

These are the “must win” games and we huffed and puffed a bit to little effect.

Has to be said though, the ref had something of a shocker throughout the match, and even after the final whistle had gone. :flushed:

“And Leeds, Leeds are falling apart, again”.

M.O.T.

Wait for the return fixture when Sargent and Handley will be back!

Just seen that Ipswich fans threw beer cans and flares at Delia Smith’s car outside the ground. Physically attacking a couple in their eighties!

A very welcome 3-0 win away at Shrewsbury for Pompey. Since the disaster at Fratton Park against Blackpool we’ve gone on to win four successive leagues games and kept four successive clean sheets. I’m happy now that the Blackpool result was a blip. Phew!

Yup disgraceful - morons! Lunchtime KO didn’t stop the drinking, pubs were open for breakfast.

Be interesting to see the teams change between now and then.

Disgraceful.

Where were you this afternoon?..

Seriously, what a despicable thing to do.

I watched the game on Sky. The incident involving Delia was reported in the EDP.
Bit slow, just figured the joke.

Careful folks. More posts here in the past few hours than on the EPL thread.

No team is perfect in the Champs but our goals tend to be beautifully crated whilst our goals against are down to mistakes/shoddy defending. Until we cut out the shoddy stuff (it’s been a problem through several managers) we’re not ready for promotion. We keep too few clean sheets.

1 Like

I’m surprised a certain Rangers fan of our acquaintance hasn’t been on here yet to point out that his mob are now only five points behind the mighty Celts with two games in hand. I’m currently revisiting anything I might have said about the undesirability of one-horse races.

Brendan is clearly no Ange. The best squad in Scotland, and he loses at home to the Jam Tarts? Stop laughing, @Petersfi

Surely it is impolite to revel in the misfortune of others….or maybe not😎.
Brendan must be given 3 or 4 seasons to work things out.
I’m not completely surprised that Hearts took points today. They were very competitive vs. Rangers a few weeks ago.
An Aberdeen win tomorrow will salvage your weekend, but ……

C’mon you sheepsh@@@ers.

1 Like

Ahem, that phrase is most definitely reserved to my team.

Not in Glasgow, Mike ; )

1 Like

“We know what we are. Sheep sh%%%#%g b#%#%#%s we know what we are.”

Not quite as good as “Oh fluffy sheep are wonderful” but it does the trick when the opposition start yelling accusations like we’ll be upset :slight_smile:

1 Like

It’s.9am here in the Pacific North West and a
“certain Rangers fan of your acquaintance” is wondering if it’s too early for a celebratory drink.”

1 Like

The Aberdeen support are not so self aware! :wink::sunglasses:

Oh I wouldn’t necessarily claim self-awareness for our lot. We literally required a pot head ex Mam City player on loan to point out, some years ago, that singing “If you all hate the English clap your hands” was fairly dumb and demoralising when much of your team was English in origin.

1 Like

I think you know the answer to that. Hint: No.