Football Season 2023/24

Big up to Cardiff City, whose extra time brace means that the Mighty Whites will remain in second place, regard of results elsewhere.

Mind you … … … coom on you 'ull.

1 Like

And it just got better. It seems like only yesterday that Foxes were going to break all championship records. Only 3 points from their last 4 games. It’s a funny old game, as they say. Can’t beat The Championship for thrills and spills.

2 Likes

Absolutely no truth to the rumour that @bhoyo agrees they can have Brendan back :wink:

2 Likes

After the midweek stupidity and injustice followed by redemption courtesy of the red card appeal Borjas Sainz gave us another of his long range specials only to be topped by an exceptional left footed volley by Sara in the second half.
Rotherham looked a very poor side but you can’t argue with a 5-0 win.
Play off game against our neighbours would be interesting.

1 Like

Nice to be proved totally wrong!

1 Like

My 1st match since New Year’s day. An awful 1st 30 minutes of hoof ball saw us deservedly 1-0 down against team we’d put 6 last at home. A moment of sheer persistence from Mullin saw us equalise with our 1st shot and from there we got the ball down and essentially romped home. Linesmen on our side was shocking. Ref was largely okay but missed a clear penalty when McClean was wiped out and incredibly gave a yellow for a 1st half studs up challenge which was a career ender. Same but got a red after a 2nd yellow in the 2nd half. Happy to confirm that he tapped Palmer; the latter went down like a sack of spuds right in front of us and, if we’re being polite, it would be fair to say that Palmer bought the free kick and 2nd yellow beautifully.

1st time we’ve come from behind in an away match all season. 1st time we’ve seen Mullin place a penalty. Well he did it on 1 other occasion but he placed that straight at the corner of the ground :slight_smile: Flethcher’s header to finish 0ff was sheer class.

Loved that despite the awful start there was no anxiety or moaning or silence. We sang from start to end. Especially enjoyed “How s*** are you if we’re winning away.” Really enjoyed that the last song before kick off was “Bring me sunshine”.

Bumped into someone I’d not seen for 4 years. Fabulous Bovril at half time.Officially our best way day of the season.

3 Likes

Nice when a plan comes together……

A rare scouting trip to Edgar Street, Hereford on my way to Newcastle at Stamford Bridge on Monday night.

An interesting, and potentially rewarding visit. I love these unique, and genuinely funny, trips to non-league grounds. Just great.

1 Like

If only Stockport hadn’t scored at 93 mins we’d have been 2nd :weary:

Can’t be bothered thinking about Stockport. It’s such a faux rivalry.

The main thing is we’ve remembered what we’re good at and are beginning to click at the right moment and there is just a hint the top 3 might be turning into a 4 horse race. Success at the start of the season would have absolutely looked like the play offs so I won’t be crying if that’s where we slip to. The £8m we made from the USA tour pre season will be repeated in the Summer and will aid whatever rebuild is required whether to go again in L2 or prepare for L1.

The return of what finally looks like a fit Ollie Palmer; the realisation that midfielder/provocateur James McClean might be better employed as, er, a midfielder and what might finally be a settled back 3 all look important. Could do without Okwonkwo’s continued Mayebi impressions but there’s still a net positive with the saves he pulls out of nowhere.

Loved Ollie’s post match interview in which he casually references having bought a foul to get their man a 2nd yellow. Right in front of me and I can be seen very clearly on the EFL highlights applauding said foul. Delayed justice for the awful 1st half studs up “tackle” which ought to have been a straight red.

Have to say, result and performance aside, we enjoyed Morecambe. Decent weather bar the wind. Pretend 4G. Very polite fans and an odd journey from ground to school car park which takes you past Tyson Fury’s mansion situated directly over the road from the travellers camp.

1 Like

My offspring is prepping for surgery. My cousin couldn’t get from Liverpool docks in time. So, took my 85 year old father to his 1st match of the season. Our 1st goalless game at home since 2021. Tempted to not take him again but he’s now coming to Tranmere at home on Saturday as my offspring will be off their feet post surgery and my cousin having a long weekend in Newcastle having watched The Stranglers.

Looking forward to the 15 minutes of hell from Chester to Wrexham with Tranny fans.

Well that was the best last 20 minutes of football I’ve ever seen.

Great FA Cup game.

1 Like

The FA Cup delivers yet again. Well done Coventry who do seem to like a cup run.

Every 37 years…

A good game & I certainly didn’t see the last 10 minutes coming.

Should have said ‘trip to Wembley’. Memory playing tricks.

0-3 away to Stoke, are we becoming the championship form team?
Finally sorted out the midfield and you have to wonder if we’d be higher than we are if Sargent and Sainz hadn’t been injured for half the season.:crossed_fingers::crossed_fingers:

3 Likes

Being us I would be hesitant to put money on it but it does look like things are starting to gel a little & this is generating confidence throughout the team.

There is still plenty of time for further injuries though so there is still a long way to go.

But, looking much better than just a month or so ago.

Hoping my confident prediction of a 10th to 16th place finish proves way off.

1 Like

Massive result for Pompey at Peterborough yesterday. Watched the Posh beat Stevenage on Weds on TV and thought they looked a well organised, resilient and talented side so knew the game on Saturday would be a tough one, and it was. But Yengi’s goal was excellent and from that point I thought Pompey bossed the game. Perhaps unsurprisingly, the post-match comments from Darren Ferguson were ungracious. I was particularly surprised that he whinged about his club ‘allowing’ 4000 Pompey fans into the game. Anyway, now 9 points clear of Bolton in 3rd place and just 7 games to go. My optimism is growing :crossed_fingers:

1 Like

Well that could of been tricky, but…

M.O.T.

3 Likes

The Mighty Whites fair zoom up to t’ top of t’ table, and look who was spotted having a crafty one at The Peacock, pre match.

Luke Ayling? He’s Leeds, and he knows he is.

M.O.T.

3 Likes