For those tired of downsizing threads…

I’m speechless
Wow!
David

now thats how its done!

1 Like

Using three lower naim fraims is admittedly more aesthetically room stylish but i find two taller fraims to be far more practical for handling the cd player and LP12, also not quite enough floor space here for three base level footprints.
However, fraim design certainly tidies up the frontage to an acceptable appearance.

59 Likes

That is a serious looking system that you have on your hands there, if I may say so, Debs. And I imagine that it sounds pretty damn good too!

3 Likes

Thanks Graham,
yes it sounds wonderful and very satisfying musically, wouldn’t like to live without it.

2 Likes

Of course stacked QUAD ESL57s would be better still!

22 Likes

Olives always look so cool, imo, and my cats would love those scratcher pads :heart_eyes_cat:

5 boxes here, and they make me happier every day.

NAC332 / CDX2.2 / NAP350 / NAP350 / XPSDR

44 Likes

You and I could fall out, Debs!!

2 Likes

Don’t blame me, blame the cats! :smile:

11 Likes

Hello, Geoff, I replaced my greatly cherished CDS2/XPS (after a terminal failure of the transport mech) with just what you have - a CDX2.2 and XPS DR. I haven’t got the new CD player running yet, but hope to do so within the next few days.

3 Likes

Resistance is futile!!!

Hi @anon70766008 I think they are a great combination, and I should imagine they are going provide an excellent additional source for your amazing and unique system.

Thanks, Geoff - here’s hoping!

1 Like

42 Likes

Very nice
That second 555ps makes a great upgrade….agree?
David

1 Like

How’s that Diablo EVO to you? Is it end game enough? Or you have plan for floorstander? I kind of want to replace this with my S40.

That’s the way to do it!

5 Likes

Diablo are awesome, need subs for lower frequency.
Quirky with positioning. Definitely end game speakers, but my eyes are on the Scala EVO) maybe one day…

That looks a very nice place in which to sit.

Was it two rooms once, and then knocked through?

Circumstances dictate that my system is not in the lounge, but in my old house (before I met and married Elaine) my plasma tv was between the speakers and it helped fulfil the idea of the stereo and the tv being an integrated home entertainment medium.