For those tired of downsizing threads…

Naim recommend leaving it all on, although new kit has stand by mode. I leave it all on unless there is a prediction of lightning stike. If lightning is forecast I unplug all my kit, including taking internet cables out of router from streamer.

If I was going away for a week I would turn it off. Generally it’s on all the time. It sounds better that way.

1 Like

It’s just not practical, and of course the risk is that Naim could be found liable should anyone claim a breach of copyright, so it’s best that no music is played in personal videos.

2 Likes

Yes Richard

I think time for the downsizers to admit defeat, it’s the best way guys, size is important, bigger is better :wink:

4 Likes

Isn’t it always the host of the file that is violating copyrights as long as you share with a link which is different from making a screen print and post here where the host has no control of where their material ends up. It would be more of a problem with all pictures shared here me thinks than a video going through copyright systems on YouTube but it’s me guessing.

You would think so, but there’s always the risk there. Image links are usually fine as they are covered by fair use provision, except where their unauthorised use is specifically prohibited.

Honestly I don’t see the point of a video of one’s system playing music. The difference between what the system actually sounds like and changes that the SQ has gone through with the microphone used to the way it’s being played back from here means the end audio result is nothing like it sounds in the room. :roll_eyes:

6 Likes

“Nirvana the 60’s band” - ? - I reckon you need more boxes :slight_smile:

2 Likes

They were a British psych-pop band, formed in ‘65 and who released a couple of albums.

IMG_6244

1 Like

45 Likes

Timeless…:+1:t2:

1 Like

Nah rubbish :wink:

1 Like

Thanks for that info - that’s fair enough. I’ve just proved that if you remember the 60’s accurately, you weren’t really there.

1 Like

Looking great as always @Stu299.

1 Like

Five Naim boxes. Tried without the PSU´s, without the nDAC, but that does not convice me. It is good as it is now. For a time, I guess…

20 Likes

Thanks. If only I could squeeze another PS in to max out the NDS. I reckon it deserves it and it’s nice to have a target in mind. Feels like I’ve hit a dead end, but it’s still a great place to be all the same…

Super lumina DIN DIN and Farad3 on your EE8 should be on your want list too :sunglasses:

2 Likes

Now you’re talking :sunglasses:

1 Like

Have you compared the SL DIN DIN to a HiLine?

I have :blush: In my system SL is the clear winner. Hiline is still great though :+1:

1 Like