For those tired of downsizing threads…

Boo to downsizing. Quite happy with my ten Naim boxes.

38 Likes

It is not how many boxes you have, it’s what you do with them that matters.:grimacing:

(Claimes he with a mere 3 boxes)

7 Likes

Indeed so :joy:

Likely the LP12 doesn’t count as a box in this ?

Next to the LP12 itself I have Radikal, nDAC, ND5-XS2, Nait XS3 so I fear that then means four boxes only, so I humbly just watch all the lovely pics flickering by.

Great thread!

1 Like

@NigelB you have downsized. Are you looking at more boxes now? Lol.

I like your new system. But when new 500 system comes out…

2 Likes

I have Nigel’s 555PSDR I believe. One man’s loss is another man’s gain :blush:

3 Likes

I agree with daddycool, nice thread for which technically I’m also a member.
nDac, ND5-XS2, SN3, HiCapDr, XPS-DR

1 Like

Nice of him to give it to you. Very kind man is Nigel. This is what I love about this forum :rofl:

1 Like

Yes, already thinking of a ‘hybrid’ 200/300 system. But one stack of Fraim is my limit now.

You can take a Naimee out of a muti-box system, but you can’t take the muti-box urge out of a Naimee.:crazy_face:

It is those blxxdy brilliant power supplies that get you.

1 Like

this thread is starting to remind me of something…

Not that either options are bad

5 Likes

Take a cold shower…….get a grip😂

2 Likes

Need to up my game in comparison to some of the rigs in this thread - trouble is I’ve run out of rack space…

22 Likes

Time for a new rack

4 Likes

Yes that would be the logical step and also exactly what I am trying to avoid here!

2 Likes

So you go down to 3 boxes and then you go up 222 NPX300 350 350 or are you thinking another NPX on 222 and keeping 250?

Only change since I last posted this is a Karousel bearing so it’s 8 boxes (plus turntable) on 4 levels of a very compact Atacama equipment ‘rack’. Of those, 5 boxes are over 30 years old, so part of the family. 3 boxes, Lingo, FM tuner & Core wouldn’t be replaced by a single box which leaves 5 boxes (streamer/amps/power) for a 1 box conversion. I’d lose 1 layer of the Atacama so no space saving and a move from something which is part of me to something which is part of the lifestyle movement. I’m happy to be called old fashioned.

27 Likes

I’ve got 222/300/250, so could do a modern mullet (222/350), or a monkfish (333/332/250).

But things are sounding so splendid and balanced, sticking is the more serious option.

Sorry for the diversion, OP.

5 Likes

Surely the one would prevent the other?

Which way are you going? Or full 300 series?

It’s not diversion as you are looking at upscaling!

1 Like

Or in the spirit of this topic, 333/332/350 … just one more box than you have already :wink:

2 Likes