For those with 500, which speakers are you using?

Title says it all - am interested in other users’ experience - thanks in advance…

I had a pair of Jean-Marie Reynaud Abscisse and recently changed to Magico S3 MkII (with SPODs)

Hi Thomas - what are SPODs?

Full 500 series system here, with a pair of Neat MF9 speakers … just brilliant!

I’ve been through several of the Neat range on my journey, and there’s a definite synergy with Naim amps.

3 Likes

I am currently using PMC 25.26 in a 552/500 dr system, sounds great.

3 Likes

Thanks! If you need to use discs under the spikes because of a hard floor does that reduce the effectiveness?

This is indeed a thought I had before adding the SPODS to my order. I asked Magico: no problem at all. Are you planning to buy a pair of Magicos?

They blend pretty well with Naim, IMO. I’m delighted with them.

B&W 804 d2

PMC Fact 12. Awesome in all regards, once I got them sufficiently disconnected from the suspended wooden floor.

3 Likes

ProAc K6. This has been a great choice for us.

4 Likes

Neat xl6 here with full 500 series. Work brilliantly.

2 Likes

I’ll join you on that one :+1:t3: ATB Peter
Have you got them singing in a big room, as I have found them a bit of a challenge in a 6x3.5 metres room after a house move?

NBLs run passive.

Spendor Classic 200

3 Likes

My room is very big, but I run them across the width.

Floor resonance was an issue - I tried Still Mounts (better) then granite plinths (better still, but some hardness) then finally Sonority platforms, which totally go against the grain of a rigid support - they wobble on ball bearings!

But immediately they removed the floor from the equation.

Oh, and they came to me directly from supporting the speakers at Scott Walker’s funeral do :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

2 Likes

Did you need some acoustic treatment, apart the Sonority?

Bowers and Wilkins 803D3…

A very good match indeed!

ATB. George.

8 Likes

Active DBLs

8 Likes

Just the usual soft furnishings you’d get in a lounge. Plus a flourishing lava lamp farm.

I’m fortunate that we have his and her lounges, so we both get our own way - she has a tasteful room and I have an old hippy‘s den.

4 Likes