Which speakers do you use on your NAP 500 DR?

A week on Monday I will have Kudos Titan 808s. And a new 500

5 Likes

I am using D28 on 500 in 60m2, planning to go K6 Sig. What finish are yours? image

What ever suits your room and system

To quote Merriman-Webster, one of the uses of should is, “to express what is probable or expected”. With that said, I would expect your speakers to be excellent in your room, However, rooms can be difficult, strange, etc… I believe @ChrisBell owns your very speakers with a 500 system and loves them. Of course different rooms and different ears. Good luck with your quest but rest assured you have a great set of speakers. If you do decide to go to Focals just remember they are good enough for Naim to merge with them.

1 Like

I use Focal Electra 1028be with mine. Previously the speakers have worked with 250.2 and then a 300DR. They just seem to step up every time I’ve upgraded something upstream of them. :smile:

1 Like

There was a thread at the start of the year,which had an interesting breakdown of the models. I suspect a few people have changed since then.

2 Likes

Sopra-3 ,no regrets. Room dependent of course.

For me it’s my trusty old DBL’s.

2 Likes

I use Fact12’s and quite happy but never actually had anything else high end to compare. I do like being able to use them close to the wall due to the front ports.

Anyone recommend other speakers that can be used near a wall?

@Innocent_Bystander had sumerized similar thread already. He could copy and paste the results.

Hi Mat,

ProAc K6 Signature and Focal Utopia series are very different speakers.

The Focal Utopias are very revealing with a clean low end. Really nice speakers.

I own a full 500DR system driving a pair of Magico S3 MkII in a 38 m2 room.

1 Like

I used Kudos 808’s as well with a 500…hard to fault and flexibility in placement -should add them to your short list.

1 Like

Innocent_Bystander

Mar 22

2 weeks since last summary, and if I have read right only 4 additions. Nevertheless time for an update:

73 responses.
Naim is still most popular brand followed now by Kudos displacing B&W. The two most popular speakers are Titan 808, with 7 users, followed by Naim NBL with 6 users, though NBL is matched by B&W 802 if you lump all the variants together.

As before a number in parentheses after the speaker is the number of users if more than one:
B&W 802 D
B&W 802 D2 (3)
B&W 802 D3 (2)
B&W 803 D3 (2)
B&W 804 D2
B&W 804 D3
Dynaudio S5.4
Focal 1007 Be
Focal 1028 Be
Focal Maestro Utopia
Focal Supra 2
Gauder Acoustik Berlina 7 Diamond Mk 2
Harbeth 40.2 (2)
Kudos Titan 606
Kudos Titan 808 (7)
Kudos Titan 88 (3)
Linn Isobaric
Magico S3 MkII
Mission 70
Monitor Audio Studio 60
Naim DBL (3)
Naim DBL (Active)
Naim NBL (6)
Naim Ovator 600 (2)
Naim Ovator 800
Naim SBL
Naim SL2 (4)
Neat MF9
Neat Ultimatum MF7
Neat XL6
PMC 20.21 + Velodyne DD10 sub
PMC Fact 12 (3)
PMC IB2 se
PMC MB2
PMC Twentyfive.26
Proac K6
Proac K6 signature
Shahinian Diapason
Shahinian Obelisk (2)
Sonus Faber Amati Futura
Spendor Classic 200
Totem Mani 2
Verity Audio Sarrastros II
Vivid Audio Giya G3
Wilson DAW

1 Like

I was going to mention the thread which was running earlier in the year. Based on the summary reposted by FR it appears that #1 on the list are Naim speakers followed by Kudos.
Original Kudos Titan 88’s here on the end of my 500 system.

PS Varyat cheated - he posted that he ran Kudos T808’s…however he ran T88’s before them :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

1 Like

I think that list has evolved. There are more Magico users. Another 808 is Tim North too.
There is also at least one Wilson Benesh , if my memory is good.
Perhaps creating a poll could help ?

Titan 808s previously NBLs.

Ovator S800 Active (3x NAP 500 DR)

DB.

1 Like

I’m using Thiel CS1.6 at the moment so one less NBL user, until I get the replacement tweeters and solder them on.

Ooh - I bet that sounds wonderful. I had a loan of a pair of S800s passive driven by NAP 500 non DR, and they were very good.

I like them! :slightly_smiling_face:

Speakers are a very personal thing and with Active you have to get it right for what you want. The S800 are vert seamless and revealing of tone-structure withing complex weaves of notes, so great on Classical instruments - but also very ‘fast’ with their bass-handling, so great for rock and larger-scale live concert rendition, without it all collapsing apart.

The non-DR 500 was very good Active with them, but the DR has taken it to a far superior performance. The 500DR works well with a lot of Speakers I’ve heard.

DB.