For those with 500, which speakers are you using?

I’ve always thought the Wilson Benesch Torus is the obvious sub fot use in a top quality system, though I have yet to have the pleasure of hearing it.

Not many additions since my last summary, but maybe time to update:

• Respondees: 69.
  • Brand popularity: Naim (16), B&W (10), Kudos (9), PMC (7), Focal (4).
  • Model popularity (Generic): B&W 802 (6), NBL & Titan 808 equal (5), SL2 (4) , DBL, Titan 88 & Fact 12 equal (3).
  • Model popularity (Specific): NBL & Titan 808 equal (5), SL2 (4) B&W 802D2, Titan 88 & Fact 12 equal (3).

(E&OE!)

Full list below, as before multiple numbers in parentheses, and one person has given room dimensions so that recorded in feet against one speaker, shown in square brackets:-

B&W 802 D
B&W 802 D2 (3)
B&W 802 D3 (2)
B&W 803 D3 (2)
B&W 804 D2 [30x15xsloping to 20]
B&W 804 D3
Dynaudio S5.4
Focal 1007 Be
Focal 1028 Be
Focal Maestro Utopia
Focal Supra 2
Gauder Acoustik Berlina 7 Diamond Mk 2
Harbeth 40.2 (2)
Kudos Titan 606
Kudos Titan 808 (5)
Kudos Titan 88 (3)
Linn Isobaric
Magico S3 MkII
Mission 70
Monitor Audio Studio 60
Naim DBL (2)
Naim DBL (Active)
Naim NBL (5)
Naim Ovator 600 (2)
Naim Ovator 800
Naim SBL
Naim SL2 (4)
Neat MF9
Neat Ultimatum MF7
Neat XL6 (2)
PMC 20.21 + Velodyne DD10 sub
PMC Fact 12 (3)
PMC IB2 se
PMC MB2
PMC Twentyfive.26
Proac K6
Proac K6 signature
Shahinian Diapason
Shahinian Obelisk (2)
Sonus Faber Amati Futura
Spendor Classic 200
Totem Mani 2
Verity Audio Sarrastros II
Vivid Audio Giya G3
Wilson DAW

1 Like

:grin:

14 Likes

A local Naim dealer, has an ex demo Magico S3 for sale at around 14/15k euro. They also recently sold a a mint pair of Q3 for little more than 20K euro (Original RP was 50K)

Regards
Roberto

I’d go for the S3 but the Mk II version. From everything I read it was a big improvement.

of course ! it’s got new tecnology nano graphene diaphragms, unfortunately RP is 2.5x than those S3s
Regards
Roberto

I’d say go for the Q3 or the S3 MkII.

The S3 MkII series has far better :

• tweeter
  • woofers

than the “old” Q and S series.

The S3 MkII cabinet is also much better than the “old” S3.

The Q series has an excellent cabinet and crossover.

Another Kudos 808 user here recently replaced my trusty 17 year old NBLs.

3 Likes

Indeed, unfortunately Q2s have been already sold. Plus this is not a happy moment for all of us in Italy (NoT to mention the huge financial loss over the last few weeks) I’ ll stick with S600s for the moment.

Regards
Roberto

2 Likes

Cheers Roberto and I hope that you stay healthy. We are watching from here in Boston and hoping history does not repeat itself here. But it likely will. Be safe, stay indoors and listen to music??

1 Like

Hi Bart,
Yes me and my family are very fine. I’m still working, i’ m trying at least (i’m an optometrist) Though this situation is very depressing and i’m not in good mood to listen music.
Our area around Como, pretty much has not been hit by C19, more so is the area south of Milan
Basically the problem is the congestion of the emergency centres into the hospitals
Sorry to be off topic.

Regards
Roberto

Sympathies here for that. Though we may all be in same situation soon enough. Hoping everyone keeps well.

1 Like

Thoughts are with you Roberto at this very difficult time.

Thank you for support, yesterday had a phone conversation with my Naim service manager in Piacenza who told me of a 59 yo friend died after a week of hospitalization.
It’s a very very depressing situation.

Regards
Roberto

I’m so sorry to hear that Roberto.

Thank you !
R.

Didn’t listen to the Serfino’s, but the hard cash I spent on the Amati’s is something I do not regret, they are wonderful and very diverse speakers.

1 Like

Hi Michael!
We both took the decision to replace our beloved NBLs.
How would you describe the benefits the Titan 808 brought into your system compared to the NBL?

Thanks! Enjoy I’m sure

1 Like

Apologies for the late response to this, but would @Innocent_Bystander please add another pair of Naim NBLs to the list.

I think that puts them back in the lead - obviously a match made in heaven!

1 Like