For those with 500, which speakers are you using?

I’ll update the list tomorrow - so any more in the meantime?

I was hoping to add my SL2s to your list but I’ve been subjected to a viscous and extremely elaborate online scam in respect of a NAP500 which has resulted in me losing many thousands of pounds. Not great timing with everything else that’s going on and, to some extent, that helps put it into the correct perspective.

1 Like

Sorry to hear that, sometimes those scams are so well done that even most careful buyers can get caught.

Claude

1 Like

I am sorry to read that Dave. What happened? Is there something that we can learn for you infortune?

1 Like

+1 Kudos 808 - very happy!

7 Likes

Should be adding my Magico A3’s in a week’s time or so.

1 Like

You can still exchange them. That’s what I did. No regrets even at the costs.

Nice room!

Is a NAP500 DR planned/arriving? :smiley:

That’s awful news to hear Dave. Hope you can recover your money.

Kind Regards, Rack.

No, no way! That would not happen in the US if you went through ebay or paid by Paypal.
This is very unfortunate.

Having just changed my speaker cables i will get my daughter to sell on ebay, she can keep the money. So i had a quick look…you can now get blue and other colours? Too many fakes out there?

1 Like

You’ve really got to do your research if going the eBay route. Check the selllers other items, message them etc.

1 Like

Thanks Rack, Claude and Chag. Sadly I fear it is very unlikely I’ll be able to recover the money these guys stole from me. The police are looking into it but I suspect my money is long gone and distributed to various dubious ends. I had so wanted a 500DR to complete my system but I’m happy and very lucky to have my 300DR. I’ve always said that our best learnings come from our worst experiences and that is certainly true here.

Very nice :+1:t5:

3 Likes

It’s strange because in France, they don’t pay the seller if the buyer doesn’t receive the item.
There is a protection on eBay for the buyer, and by PayPal too.
eBay us is different ?

Dave England

I presume it was an eBay scam and you paid via PayPal ( I may be wrong)

I had the same thing with my first 500, I found PayPal to be very disinterested and not concerned
eBay on the other hand were very on point and concerned ( at the time they told me they were going to ditch PayPal cos of things like this)
But through me continuously pressing eBay I got my £6k back after a couple of months

Oddly enough out of the 3 500’s I’ve now got
The best deals had were from HIFI shops
Including a well known one in west London that gave me a 2009 model 500 DRed and serviced in 2017 for £9.5

Hope you get your money back, none of likes to see this

It does however put added suspicion to genuine people like myself,

Lyndon

I’m getting one – a one year old demo from a hi fi shop. It’s a very very significant discount from msrp and because it’s never been sold to a customer qualifies for the as-new warranty from Naim. There are benefits from buying from a dealer that often are well worth the small premium. The really cheap prices often really are “too good to be true” :frowning:

1 Like

Bart

Exactly; we’ve all been round the block as I’m sure Dave has but now and again we let our guard down and get screwed, I normally have a rule if it’s over £500 I’ll pick it up and give you cash

But as I said the best deals I had were from dealers
The other one was from the fishy place and all was smooth

The problem is the 500’s don’t come up that often and in my case I needed 3 of them so you’re inclined to jump in at every opportunity

Lyndon

Not exactly the topic, so sorry, but if anyone knows Audiomark Germany ? I often see second Naim items on their site.

1 Like