Forum Album of the Year 2022 - The Vote!

That be Sault.

1 Like

Ha, I have tagged that to listen later. Cheers.

1 Like

It’s a foot tapper.

1 Like

Brilliant! Will have a listen

This thread is costing me a fortune with all the new CD’s I am buying. Some great new music for me to find though :grinning:

6 Likes

It’s like watching a big horse race, with Jack White taking up the reins and pulling level with the Arctics! Now for the final furlongs sprint, come on Jack :rofl:

2 Likes

After looking through everything I bought this year, this is my fav album. Can’t believe this has not been mentioned.

As for the latest arctic monkeys, I was really looking forward to it. I have all their albums, And then I found myself listening to a Robbie Williams album. Absolute garbage. What is he thinking!

Atb
Kk

Ps. Roll on next year. The new Gaz Coombes album! Got tickets also.

2 Likes

Funny how all hear things differently I’m a huge of John Mellencamp’s work but couldn’t get into his last album. Must give it another try later.

How did baiting the kiddie cages with chocolate go…?

The most critically acclaimed albums of the year, according to anydecentmusic dot com, are by Beyoncé and Kendrick Lamar*.

Among other cr4p in their top 10: Rosalia and Boston Manor. I’ve also disliked more than half of the next 40.

And as for the bloody Guardian – their top 5 are all, to my ears, unlistenable.

This is the first year in memory that my tastes have been so out of whack with that of music critics. I think I’m officially too old for this nonsense.

*I’ve enjoyed other stuff by Lamar, but find his latest to be utterly tedious.

We are no longer the target audience.

1 Like

It hasn’t work, damn kids are smarter than their grandfather.

Expect for those Beatle and Pink Floyd remasters.

3 Likes

Stop talking nonsense and listen to Dear Scott by Michael Head and red elastic band.

I will add some things on the other post as well. I belief we are missing out on some great jazz and classical albums which have been released in 2022….

One of the, being this fantastic improvised solo piano concert…

1 Like

Righty ho folks. No one has posted for a while and the end of the year draws upon us so I am going to announce the result for the Forum album of the year.
And the winner is……

Jack White with Entering Heaven Alive

Thanks to all those who contributed to this bit of fun. Here’s to a forthcoming year of great new music to be discovered and we can do the same next December.

Merry New Year everyone! (That’s a film reference btw)

11 Likes

Excellent result! Many thanks @crispyduck for putting the work in & posting this thread, well done :+1:

4 Likes

Think it’s a quiet time across the forum with lots of people away.

However thanks for the thread it’s always interesting to see what people think.

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.