Forum - Font change

It’s a definite improvement on the PC. No apparent difference on Android though?

I’m finding the ‘larger’ setting in ‘Interface’ more useable.

G

I’ve played around a bit & finally opted for the ‘Largest’ font, it works best for me with both 15 inch laptop & 9.7 iPad, its all good AFAIC, recommend to give it a try.

We’ll all get used to it - until the next change

1 Like

Larger is too large! It’s just a really rubbish font. The triumph of marketing over useability. Which doesn’t bode well for Naim’s future imho.

2 Likes

If I have ever seen anything that sums up the phrase ‘first world problem’ then this is it!

10 Likes

[quote=“davidhendon, post:24, topic:6324, full:true”]
Larger is too large! It’s just a really rubbish font. The triumph of marketing over useability. Which doesn’t bode well for Naim’s future imho.
[/quote]

Perfect on my iPad. The spacing is a bit off though.

G

David, the size shouldn’t be any different. Have you tried logging out then back in. That way your settings should be inch as need and only the font changed.

Logging out and back in made no difference on my MacBook.
The print remains black on white, too small, and promotes eye squiffy syndrome :crazy_face:

Edit:
Tried Dark but found it all too wEidD, grey background the best imo.
Gone to Larger print - much better.
Given my reading glasses a clean.

1 Like

I found it hard to see the difference between threads with/without unread messages in white. Going to Dark is better and a bit more colourful. More relaxing on the eyes.

Phil

2 Likes

Dark theme has always worked better for me. As for the new font… this is what actual accessibility looks like fir a person with a VI. A subtle change and it reads considerably better. It’s a nice weight and scales beautifully on IOS. I’m struggling to see (pardon the pun) what the issue is tbh. Well done Naim.

1 Like

Exactly my problem with it! The old font was good. As they say where I come from “if it ain’t broke, don’t fix it”.

12 Likes

The new font is crap on my iPad. I’ll try it later on my mac to see if that’s any better. I suspect it was chosen by someone under 40 with good eyesight. Is Naim going the way of the BBC? A triumph of format over function.

7 Likes

I have Diabetic eyesight problems and the new font is less pleasing on my iPad surely in this day and age we should be able have a choice of fonts to suit individual requirements.

5 Likes

New font looks nice on my Chrome browser on Windows 10 PC.

The new font is nice on Android and the Chrome browser.

:small_blue_diamond:I was sitting with my phone when the text was changed.
Thought there was something wrong,.so I rebooted the phone twice.
If we had been informed about this in advance,.I would have avoided this inconvenience.

:red_circle: The previous text was better,.why change something that works.
Has Naim’s marketing department too little to do.

/Peder🤔

2 Likes

Now viewing the site on my mac, and again the new font is not clear enough. Before anyone asks, I have tried it both with and without my reading glasses! The mac has a 4K retina display, and it doesn’t help much.

1 Like

This seems to be going well :roll_eyes:

3 Likes

First world problems :flushed:

1 Like

I really can’t understand all the complaints regarding the new font, when font size and background can all easily be tailored to one’s choices within account settings > Interface.

Even simpler, for those on a Mac, “Command” +/- allows for infinite variation of the font size.

Much ado about nothing, methinks. :man_shrugging:

1 Like