Forum - Font change

I can - the new font looks blurred to me whatever size I choose

2 Likes

Font change is repulsive.

2 Likes

FULLY AGREE! There is also an integrated grammar nazi that wonā€™t allow short sentences. WUT?

Absolutely.

Not only is it a pain to read, it now controls what and how you write.
This was an excellent bad idea. The UX is for the users, not some dude having fun with forum parameters to suit his own personal tastes. What next, Naim?

2 Likes

Loathingly incorrect. UX is everything. Itā€™s not good.

Thereā€™s always that guy.

Oh for goodness sake. Naim havenā€™t introduced coronavirus to the forum. They have changed the font which as the host for this forum they are perfectly entitled to do. Do try and keep a sense of proportion, thereā€™s a good chap

1 Like

I see you have an opinion. Hearty congratulations.

yes - great idea Mike
am loving the largest size

The new font wouldnā€™t be my cup of tea, remains to be seen how much it annoys me or how quickly I get used to it.

.sjb

1 Like

Nearly asked myself late afternoon! Quite jarring initially, but Iā€™m sure weā€™ll get used to it in time. Harder to read Iā€™m afraid - perhaps someone could write a script/make a style-sheet to bypass the style!

Is it me, or is there a lot more ā€˜white spaceā€™ than before, and fewer posts in the same screen real estate.

Naturally, everything that goes wrong with anything is due to Brexit :roll_eyes:

Oddly, Iā€™ve missed any coverage of the ā€˜eventā€™, though Iā€™m not sure overt celebrations/countdowns have done anything to bring UK citizens together which is what we really need.

The font change is annoying as itā€™s far less readable for dyslexics.

I deliberately change the default sans typefaces on my browsers to Segoe UI, as that is a particularly readable typeface. to have that readability setting overridden by the server is not good.

4 Likes

I was going to have a peek at Roonā€™s forum which I think used the old style/font - Iā€™m getting a Safari error:

1 Like

Would a custom stylesheet for the browser not work? Iā€™ve encountered people making these on other fora after UI changes, may have a dabble, though I suspect some here are would be far more adept at this than me.

It would, but modern browsers donā€™t allow that as a general rule as itā€™s a security risk (it can be used by malware to inject portable code).

1 Like

I still have the option in Safari on High Sierra, not sure about the latest builds as I may be a bit behind!

I prefer the previous presentation. Was easier on the eyes.

4 Likes