Forum - Font change

I really like this font. When reading back my own writings, I seem somehow less pretentious.
More like an unassuming British person…

2 Likes

I’m certainly not seeing that effect.

.sjb

1 Like

From my writings or the font ?? :rofl:

1 Like

It’s a joke, nobody with any experience would have adopted this solution , if there is a problem with the website change it, more customers read the forum .

3 Likes

I preferred the previous font - this one appears ragged by comparison.
I tried larger - worse for me - I see more rough.
I tried smaller - better for this worse font so I will use that.

DB.

2 Likes

It seems to have had the opposite effect on me…

1 Like

First opinion is that it is a mistake, I have change sizes and colors and still is an irritant. Perhaps I’ll adjust over time, if not then less forum time moving forward. This aging bit can be a real PITA.

I never had a problem with the Naim web site but was only there for short periods of time reading product information.

Life goes on…

1 Like

Yes, I too am no fan of the new font. The letters seem so much smaller than the old font. I have increased the font size but the ‘readability’ just isn’t as immediate compared to the old font, particularly on an iPad, which I use for forum use mostly.

I don’t think any forumite will have noticed or cared that the forum font was different to the website font. It is a case of the marketing boys and girls getting ahead of themselves, I feel.

No big deal really, just a change for the worst IMHO.

2 Likes

Very difficult to read. At first I thought my eyes had gotten worse. Only then noticed the changed font.
The legibility suffers significantly from the flickering letters. I understand the font customization, but I think the wrong font family was chosen.

3 Likes

Against the grey-theme background on a laptop, the new font appears as if someone has locked the bold command and the characters have got smaller. The latter could be just an illusion of the contrasting against the background.

I can see why it may assist with some VIs but I much prefer the former presentation.

I concur with the thoughts that white on black looks ok as a contrast but not the other way around.

3 Likes

I am perplexed by how some are finding it and wonder if the change is different on different devices.

On my Windows PC and on my phone, the font is crisp and very legible even for my eyes. I do not get dodgy spacing, flickering, blurred letters or the other problems that others are clearly experiencing.

I don’t really understand these things but could it be that the new font is not a standard font in all devices? Are those who have problems using Apple devices?

1 Like

Yes, it’s a good idea for members experiencing issues here to try deleting any cache/cookies and log out of the forum and then log in again.

I’m using Apple devices (Macbook/Safari, iPhone, iPad etc…) and initially it looked very odd until I did the above.

AC, this is how it looked before I logged out and then back in again.

Not very impressed by the new font.
I find it harder to read with my ‘2020’ vision😳

I also spent some time thinking I had made some adjustments on my iPad and was trying to roll them back.
Surely a forum and a website serve entirely different purposes and indeed audiences so what does it matter if they are different.
I am sure we could all think of better uses uses of IT resources.

Now if only Naim could manage a roll back in response to customer opinion. I have only seen 1 positive response to change.

CK

1 Like

I tried all that Richard. Also tried a different browser. I can see that the font probably is about the same size but it’s difficult to read, on my iPhone XS anyway and making it larger doesn’t help. It’s basically the wrong font for use on line and whoever made the recommendation should be ashamed of sloppy work in choosing it and not testing it with customers before making the change. You could even have got the beta group to give an opinion before foisting it on everyone.

If the forum was changed to align with the website, perhaps it’s worth asking yourself whether you have ever heard of anyone liking the on line support wizards for new products instead of printed manuals. I think they are largely not read by anyone and the unattractive font used there may be one of the reasons?

Anyway I don’t like this font and as I said last night I think I will come here less often consequently.

Best

David

2 Likes

I find this new font a little difficult to read fast. Prefer the older one.

2 Likes

I dident even notice until I saw the thread, I’m using an ipad and iPhone, my settings are Naim dark theme and larger text, fine by me, if anything the word spacing is a little off but again I really dident notice!

?

Although a few don’t seem to have any problems, like most who have posted on this thread, I’m finding the new font more difficult to read than the old one, even after increasing the font size.

1 Like

Seems so to me - but I haven’t logged out and in - just re-booted the PC.