Frustrated that I can't get all my streaming devices to show in Naim app

Good news… glad you have found a suitable wifi product and able to return that Orbi product… now you can enjoy your music

2 Likes

I live in a 3 storey house. The BT line into the house was on the ground floor and to get WiFi to all parts I used Apple airport products with great success (poor performance without).

However recently our rural community has got full fibre to the houses.

I took the opportunity to have it installed on the first floor. Now I only use their supplied wireless router. The signal is the best we’ve had.

In the past after having issues in other houses I’ve tried to locate the main wireless hubs at the centre and high up.

For me, the more wireless network stuff the more issues occurred. I try to keep it simple.

Simon, a query about Network Analyzer. I have a BT SmartHub 2 and mesh network with black discs. Naim ND5XS2 and Muso Gen 1 are all performing correctly using Naim, Qobuz or Roon as is Airplay. Network is rock solid and Airplay and Bonjour are working for music, printers, scanners etc. I was intrigued by your screenshots of Network Analyzer, so I downloaded the app to my iPad to scan the network. However, I only see icons for P,6,G and S. Nothing has U or B. Do you need the paid version of the app to see these icons, or does the Smarthub 2 need some setting tweaked to allow Network Analyzer to access the devices to check for uPnP or Bonjour? As I say, everything is working fine on my network, indeed the ND5xs2 is sounding great after the recent firmware upgrade installed without issues, I’m just puzzled that neither of the B or U icons show against Airplay devices, my Synology NAS, the Naim streamer or the printer. Any thoughts?

Hi, no the free version should show Upnp services… it depends on what’s… I guess it depends on what your client running Lan Analyzer can see,

Simon, I’ve installed the client on both and iPhone and iPad and as far as I can see all the devices on my LAN are discovered on both, at least it is the same list as I see on my Hub manager. But no icons for Bonjour or uPnP. Strange. Thanks for your help. Cheers, Ian

Yes, I didn’t have the B or U icons for anything in my network either with the Orbi or the Linksys. However I know for certain the Bonjour/Airplay stuff is working on the Linksys network, so I figured the lack of those icons must just be some kind of difference between the way our networks are set up. Everything has been working flawlessly since installing the Linksys yesterday.

Yes, the icons show the services are visible from the position of where you are running the scan. If not visible then there is a good chance they are not visible to applications such as the Naimapp.
The icons are driven by the relevant device responding that it supports those services… so a device thing, rather than network thing, other than the network has to allow request and response from the scan is taking place.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.