Furniture/Units - What Do You Put Your Naim On?

Ian,

Is that one of the old Sound Factory Tripod stands next to your Isoblue? I had them way back in the 80’s, been ages since I’ve seen them. Naim used to use them at shows etc.
Got mine from Sound Advice in Birmingham.

1 Like

Yes, it is. Well spotted…!! Mine came from L’boro. I had a full set, but sold them all except the TT Stand, when I got my Isoblue…

I have seen suggestions that the SF Tripods design fed into both Isoblue and Fraim.

1 Like

I had a self-built piece of furniture until last year I found this rack from Target.

2 Likes

I just use an IKEA (hacked) unit for my SU. I cut some holes in the back for cables and it seems okay practically and sound wise. Not sure if the Uniti range needs anything more.

4 Likes

Homemade from Siberian Birch plywood and Chinese spikes for about € 100,-. Night and day difference with IKEA Besta I used before.

13 Likes

Very nice indeed.

1 Like

Eddie,

Lovely. I admire your woodworking skills.

1 Like

It’s an old picture but shows the Simrak.

5 Likes

Nice work. Love the grain on your Neats too !

Nova & LP 12, Piure-Sideboard (German manufacturing), Totem Skys & Canton Sub

8 Likes

… and here my beloved vintage version in the main living room

12 Likes

Over the last few years I’ve conducted a few of my own listening tests with my equipment on various different stands/racks. My conclusion is that the stand does make a difference. My personal favourite was just placed on the concrete floor but was not a long term solution. Anything enclosed or with a back was subject to vibrations that can be felt by placing a hand on the unit and seem to effect the music increasingly with volume. My most recent rack construction seems to be absent of vibrations that I can feel and to my ears doesn’t seem to compromise the sound. It’s simple. 4x aluminium angle pieces sprayed black, 3 pieces of butcher block type timber, and sat on spikes so it’s rigid. I’m sure a proper fraim is better but I’m happy with this and I like the looks.

13 Likes

Looks great, simple, yet elegant.

1 Like

Have you tried rearranging the order of your boxes to see if it improves the sound?

Power supplies and amps on the right is usually recommended.

That looks great. Good work

Are you taking orders?

Looks very professional!

:ok_hand: :+1:

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.