Furutech Discussion

Thanks Wilfried. Odd as I would have thought they manufactured all different versions.

Well my experience so far mirrors what everyone else has said but I’m only 2 days into it. It’s really unexpected how much more detail I’m hearing. Every system, room, speakers etc is different, but adding this outlet has benefited every aspect of my system. Expensive for an outlet, yes but damn well worth it.

Ok little bit of hyperbole, it’s like a black box upgrade a veil has been… I’ll stop before I really get started lol.

1 Like

Wouldn’t that be the FT-SWS NCF(R) (or FT-SWS-D NCF(R))?

My socket is called Furutech FT SWS (R). As far as I can see, it is no longer offered on the Furutech website. The NCF version was not available in Switzerland for some time due to Corona supply shortages.
IMG_2415

That’s too bad. I think another guy from Switzerland @Elfer uses one FT-SWS NCF I think

1 Like

I use a Schuko FT-SWS-D NCF (R) outlet in Andorra, not Switzerland. They are still on the Furutech web site - products/power inlets and receptacles/Schuko wall outlets

1 Like

I’m considering a Furutech wall socket.
Given it’s specified for wire diameters of 5.5sqm, what mains cables are you using?

Thanks

I think this thread is in danger of of going off limits with suggestions of fitting different countries electrical legislated products into our UK homes.
I’m sure liability for all sorts of problems and safety litigation will abound.
:thinking: :scream:

1 Like

I must have missed that recommendation. But, as Furutech sell UK NCF sockets I wouldn’t bother using anything else other than those in the UK.

1 Like

I use 6mm2 cable and it fits easily into the Furutech socket.

I might have missed it but I don’t think anyone is suggesting that.

4 Likes

Some posters above have clearly said that they intend considering fitting Furutech wall socket.
And the member profile says London.
I’m only pointing out the DIY process and non compliant installation.
Nothing more risk it at your own peril.
My friend is a fire scene investigator and the first red light in electrical terms are Chargers, overloaded or modified installations.
I’m trying to help nothing more.
Information in forums especially here are prone to cross wire communications that get lost in transit.

I’m still not sure what would be wrong with fitting a Furutech UK wall outlet in a UK home? There was no mention of fitting a non-UK outlet. Are you saying the Furutech UK products are not compliant?

1 Like

Uk variations obviously are ok but those less informed reading through this might take this view.
It is not unusual for a British ExPat to wire up their French or Spanish home with a few English pattern sockets … but it will be a DIY job, as Continental Electricians cannot sign off on it. Similarly unless an additional contact breaker etc and appropriate level wiring is added to the UK switchboard, it would be very dangerous to wire up a European socket.
Purely pointing out not to cross different regulations and put one at risk.
Teach me to try and help.

The GTX sockets support a maximum wire size of 8.2mm2.

FWIW, the sockets are very good quality and most of the benefit comes from the construction and clamping. No one should feel like the NCF variants are the only way to go. You’ll get a huge benefit even if you don’t do NCF and rhodium. I did four double Furutech sockets on four dedicated circuits. No NCF. No rhodium. No regrets.

5 Likes

I think your the initial point about safety should never be understated and if in doubt, a sparky should be employed for guidance/fitting. But as you mentioned, no one has actually recommended doing it and only considered doing it themselves.

Ironically, your post above is the first one that actually highlighted, “A belief in UK Audiophile circles”. Maybe a good idea to edit that bit out so as to not tempt people to do it :smiley::wink:

That’s how I’m feeling with mine in place!

I think you’ll enjoy it.

I previously had a Hubbell Duplex Cryo-Outlet which is really good and I balked (actually laughed) when I first read of someone using a wall socket that cost triple of what I had.

1 Like

I’ve edited it now. :roll_eyes:

1 Like

I only tried to be safety conscious you can all go and do what you like now sleep well.
Remember your insurance might not pay out if your still here. :exploding_head:

3 Likes

I think it is important for people to remember, or at least check, what they can and can’t do. In the UK you can do minor repairs, maintenance etc so replacing an existing double/single socket for a furutech one is ok. But it has to be like for like. So not an EU socket etc.

I think what’s more important though, even when it’s within regs, is to only do it if you know what you’re doing. No sound improvement is worth going up in a blue flash!

2 Likes

As the OP & probably the first to post on here about outlets, I for sure was not recommending for anyone in the UK to use a non-UK style outlet, & I don’t believe anyone else was either. Furutech make equivalent versions for most areas. I just assumed we were all big boys here & had enough common sense to only use what’s code in your own specific area & installed by someone who has proper qualifications to do so.

So for those that don’t, if you’re following this thread, no one on here is recommending any outlets that don’t pass code in your own country. Please only purchase what is code in your own country & have it installed by someone who is qualified to do so. I believe we can continue now?

4 Likes