Gardening

That’s a serious and healthy looking hog, Yorkshirepud! I sometimes hear them in my garden, but did not take a photo yet besides the one early season.

1 Like

Thanks, I also saw (maybe a different one) earlier in the day outside the house but didn’t have iphone to take a piccy…we may have more than one… :crossed_fingers:

(glad you are enjoying the new job !)

2 Likes

This year and last year have not been successful for me with my :beans:

I wish I had a greenhouse but no space in my yard. Forced to grow tomatoes outside. With the warm summer this year, my one pot-bound tomato plant has grown to triffid like proportions – 8ft tall.

I’ve since snipped off the tops to put energy back into the ripening fruits.

5 Likes

Hope you din’t get the dreaded blight……we gave up with Toms and do small cucumbers. Best of luck……if they work out be interested in the variety.

Thanks @Gazza. This one is cherry tomato ‘sweet million’ - let’s see how we get on. In previous years I’ve grown the reliable ‘Gardener’s Delight’ which appear to be blight resistant. Apart from the deluge today, it’s been a good start to the summer.

1 Like

The only ones i got a good crop on was some hanging basket cherry toms….

1 Like

I’ve grown Sweet Million and they are reliable.
This year I’m trying Sungold, which must be the sweetest cherry tomato judging by those I’ve eaten.

4 Likes

Do you remember the name of thyour hanging basket variety? I’ve been trying to find a tumbling cherry tomato that can be grown in the greenhouse, but in the last couple of years the varieties I’ve bought have grown like triffids as well, overcrowding the greenhouse.

Very sorry….impulse purchase at a garden centre🥺

Growing like triffids matches my experience both in and out of a greenhouse. I don’t pretend to be either a good or expert gardener. For that reason I am reluctant to spend the prices packets of seed command in garden centres when I fail more often or not. It is not the right time of year to find packets available, but I suggest keeping an eye on mail order company Seed Parade who have a reasonably priced variety.

1 Like

Thanks I’ll check them out.

There is one section in my garden which I’ve given back to nature. I’ve done hardly anything there, but did seed some carrots which I hope to harvest at some time. All sorts of interesting ‘weeds’ appeared. The most remarkable discovery was a grasshopper which I did not see before in my garden:

8 Likes

Part one of a garden project.

One wheel on my wagon. £20 from the local salvage yard.

Watch this space.

3 Likes

Project progressing

2 Likes

Sorry to go off thread. @AndyP I believe you have PMC Twenty5 26i speakers. Can you give me a rough idea, how long they took to break in? Thanks :blush:

1 Like

I do indeed - but I have to say I am rubbish with things like that - like the ND555 the speakers sounded amazing straight out of the box.

3 Likes

I agree with you. Just wondered if they do change. I have had PMC Twenty5 23, Twenty5 26 and Twenty5 23i. I think the latest iteration of the Twenty5 changes more in the treble, than previously. :blush:

2 Likes

Sorry for the interruption, back to gardening :blush:

2 Likes

20mm Diameter Solid Forged Spheres x 30 arrived today.

Now down to work

4 Likes