Gardening

Rats … everywhere but that’s because I live next door to stables. But they do make a mess of my compost bins.

Probably find they are living in your bins,
Nice and warm for them,
But a 2.2 air rifle is good for them also :rofl:

1 Like

I use an air rifle, but my aim is deteriorating. My neighbours use poison, but often the corpses end up in my garden.

When we had chickens, there were always rats! We had a variety of ways of keeping them down, including spades, shotguns, old golf clubs and Jack Russels, but we never resorted to poison. It’s a horrible way to die, and the chances of it being ingested by predators, cats, dogs etc. is also high.

2 Likes

I’ve used poison in the past and now feel the same as you , prefer not to use it .

If I do , it is the blocks threaded kebab like in a box.

1 Like

When I trained as an EHO we used supervise rodent control; their favourite method was a well aimed cricket bat.

1 Like

I also have a very nice cross bow,
But a find it’s a bit over the top,
Spend a lot of time cleaning the arrow shafts

1 Like

Leucojum gravetye giant

6 Likes

Our cherry blossom is two weeks earlier this year than last.

11 Likes

Following a mild day yesterday, this orange flowered shrub dumped quite a load of colour on the driveway over night. Spring is bouncing!

Peter

4 Likes

I also stumbled across some very pretty displays. I moved into this home at the end of Januuary, so these are all a bit of a very pleasant surprise to me!

Peter

4 Likes

9 Likes

Been very busy lately, everything’s so early.

14 Likes

4 globe artichokes growing on my allotment artichoke!

9 Likes

Blossom around East Anglia this year has been as good as I’ve seen it. Climate change seems to have already pushed things forward by a couple of weeks in the past few years.

3 Likes

Lily-of-the-valley is two weeks early.

7 Likes

We had a Heron visit yesterday. They are common in the Harbour, out front, but we’ve never seen one in our garden before.

11 Likes

Everything is early this year and the wet weather has produced winners and losers around this part.

Losers = tulips. Many rotted in the ground. Those that have survived are OK but might not last into May.

Winners = Acers and Tree Ferns. Grown like triffids.

9 Likes

Best display for a while this year.

15 Likes

The tree ferns that I moved back in February are responding well to their new position.

And I don’t believe I’ve ever seen alliums flower so early.

10 Likes