Giro d'Italia 2022

The first Australian to win the Giro! :australia: :smile: :+1:

Two years ago in the 2020 Giro Jai Hindley was GC position 2 on stage 18 and 19, then on the penultimate stage 20 won the Malia Rose GC but unfortunately lost the leadership and 2020 Giro in the final stage time trial up against Ineos Grenadier, Tao Geoghegan Hart who won the Giro that year.

This year has a very similar lead-up; with Hindley in 2nd GC position in the final few days and taking the Maglia Rose on Stage 20, and again up against a determined Ineos Grenadier but this time Richard Carapaz.
However this year Jai Hindley got his well earned reward!

<>

2022 has been an excellent Giro, mostly good weather conditions, relatively few crashes and injuries, fantastic Italian scenery, and a very worthy winner.

<>

If anyone feels cycle race withdrawal symptoms, don’t panic;
The Tour de France begins in Copenhague on Friday 1st July :grin:

<<>>

8 Likes

Yep, thanks as always Debs, great daily summaries.

1 Like

Would that be the city in Denmark?

Or the Michelin starred restaurant on the Champs Elysee….in which case the TdF could be off to a slow start! :joy:

Anyway, can I add my thanks to @Debs for her reporting.

1 Like

As usual Debs thanks for the updates. There’s not a lot of news here (until today of course) and your thread was my first point of call for results overnight.

Great win by Jai, he’s now big news here.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.