Glastonbury 2019

Janet keeps saying “I cannot hear you” well ditto

2 Likes

Watched Freya Ridings before Janet and Freya was superb, Janet even though it’s not her fault is poor and no doubt Janet watching her performance on replay will be very disappointed.

1 Like

Just watched Liam and God bless him he’s still having a go he looks like one of his own ageing fans now but the crowd are really responding to him and look like they’re having a ball, suprising how many youngsters are there singing along to all the Oasis songs.
I saw Oasis a couple of times early on pre Be Here Now and Liam Gallagher had that oozing charisma and swagger that only the very best front men have Oasis at that time where an incredible band to see live and along side Muse they had the loudest set I’ve ever heard.

2 Likes

There is something about an exceptional rock band playing live and very, very loud that is for me anyway a fantastic experience and it flies in the face of everything we’re all trying to achieve on this forum which is Hi -Fidelity because generally loud isn’t always the best sounding but it’s about the experience and for my generation at least there wasn’t too many great live and loud Rock ‘n’ Roll bands.
I’m not usually an envious person but to have seen The Who at Charlton Athletic football ground must have been just incredible but it was an experience not replicated for my generation the closest thing was Oasis and they where LOUD! as where Muse who I saw at the Isle of Wight they followed Kasabian who where supposed to be this huge anthem playing rock band and they where ok but Muse came on after them and just absolutely tore the roof off Supermassive Black Hole was well Supermassive.

My other half has gone out and I’ve promised not to watch The Killers tonight so that we can watch them together. They are also a great live band who love to play loud I saw the at The V Festival in 2007 with my two sisters we don’t get together often and it was a great night.

The Killers are great atm.

@mikehughescq - So you didn’t think the Chris Martin thing was unbelievably stomach churning then?

The problem I have with Stormzy is that he is a bit naff, the kind of artist that bourgeois types who read the Graun wank themselves into a frenzy over in a desperate attempt to not come over as middle aged and middle class. If I wanted to hear Stormzy I would just hang out by the local kebab shop at 1am on a Saturday morning and listen to angry drunk people shouting.

5 Likes

I wholly agree but what was written wasn’t the sound of people saying that it wasn’t their sort of thing. It was more the sound of asserting that because it wasn’t their sort of thing it must automatically be rubbish.

I find Chris Martin immensely irritating and own nothing by him. What he did in the context of that song was fine. Your other comments absolutely smack of someone who has come to the table with a set of prejudices but who hasn’t actually bothered to listen. I doubt all those singing those lyrics last night were/are Graun readers. Tens of thousands. Seriously? That’s delusional. Your comment about the sound of someone shouting outside a kebab shop is basically racial stereotyping and you may want to hesitate before you post further and make a complete arse of yourself. Go read the lyrics before you comment further for starters. You’re embarrassing yourself.

You’re welcome to express the view that it’s not your sort of thing but you appear to have said a lot more than that.

2 Likes

@mikehughescq - I was completely unaware that the only people who shouted outside kebab shops in the early hours were black, but thanks for the stereotype.

5 Likes

Above are all of the quotes regarding Stormzy.

I cannot see how you arrived at the above conclusion from the few comments I’ve listed above.

3 Likes

Just been watching Glastonbury catch up and whilst all the middle aged, middle class, white hipsters were watching Stormzy on Friday night their children were watching Tame Impala performing a fantastic set over on the Other Stage. I’ve listened to them on Tidal before and they didn’t really grab me but live they look like a different animal. Highly recommended.

3 Likes

Sir David Attenborough is appearing today at 2.45pm.

Watching Liam, on catchup, and the boy’s still got it … and the band’s a bit good too … erm, LOUD!

1 Like

Killer set by The Killers I thought. Though PSB were surprisingly weak, IMO.

Jon Hopkins on my list to watch.

2 Likes

Currently watching Friday night’s highlights. Well impressed with Stormzy, not my regular cup of tea but a great show nonetheless. Mark Radcliffe is doing a fine impression of one who is reasonably well refreshed.

I tell you someone who did a great set - Low. It’s here for those with an adventurous spirit.

7 Likes

Just watched Sean Paul on catchup … Oi, Stormzy, this is how it’s done mate.

No, this is how it’s done. Kylie!!!

:wink:

1 Like