Glastonbury 2024

Looking forward to Voice of Baceprot, Indonesia’s hijab wearing metalheads.

2 Likes

Fully agree, I think the BBC coverage is excellent, long may it continue

2 Likes

I’ve no idea why people are so negative. My son, who is 26, is at Glasto and it will be interesting to hear how he got on when he gets back. There’s not a huge amount on the bill that appeals to me, but I’d love to see the wonderful Polly Jean live. Preceding her is an artist who is hoping to get the audience to do a seven minute silence, a time for inner reflection.

4 Likes

I hope he has a great time, lucky to get tickets nowadays. I’ve never been, would love to one day but our kids are too young at the moment.

It’s genuinely a weekend I look forward to every year, purely down to the BBC coverage. Beers, BBQs, good weather forecast and straight to bed when the nights draw to a close.

1 Like

My daughter has been every year for some while now since volunteering for festival work while at Uni. Gets to choose who she sees in exchange for long shifts setting up and then clearing down after. Still enjoying it even though she now has to take holiday time from her day job.

1 Like

Great way to do it, friends of ours go with WaterAid. The do stints on the bars, doing it so many years they’ve been promoted this year to shifts next to the pyramid stage

1 Like

Went in '84 and '85. A school mate lived in Pilton and we got in through a fence. I’m sure locals got free passes anyway. But more fun to break in though. Managed the see The Smiths in '84. Only time i saw them.

3 Likes

Ah Glastonbury, a time when my garden gets a good watering from above

3 Likes

I love watching the BBC coverage. I can fast forward through stuff I can’t stand, but have found there is nearly always an act I’ve never heard of that deserves a better listen, such as Unknown Mortal Orchestra a few years ago.

1 Like

Just watching Olivia Dean, what a purely delightful young lady.

3 Likes

Back in the glory days of 1989 I remember seeing Marc Johnson’s Bass Desires at that festival (with John Scofield). Sound mix was wonderful.

Stuff Glastonbury ! :grin:

Missed this but love a bit of Olivia. What a talent!

Paul Heaton great. :grinning:

Sugarbabes, not so much…:nauseated_face:

I’ve watched Paul Heaton’s set, the first section was a nostalgia trip, I saw him there with the Housemartins back in ‘86. Nice to see his new co-vocalist, she’s new to me and I see she’s touring with him later in the year, so it’s good to get an idea of her style before the gig.

I might have missed it, but did he actually introduce her, as the set was just Paul Heaton?

I saw Briana Corrigan (original Beautiful South singer) in concert a few weeks back, and she was brilliant. Jackie of course also brilliant, but is she now gone?

Dexy’s - oh dear. He doesn’t look well

Riane Downey

I know she had to drop out of the gigs at the end of ‘22 and also last year due to illness, I suspect she’s possibly still not well enough.
She’s not on the new album, it’s a Paul Heaton solo album with Rianne Downey and another couple of singers described as guest singers.
Slightly confusingly his website describes RD as a guest vocalist on the tour description and his regular live vocalist in the album description.

Oh, sorry to hear that. Here’s wishing her a speedy recovery!

1 Like

Friday night Glastonbury, thus far?

Oh dear. :roll_eyes:

2 Likes