Glastonbury 2024

I didn’t realise she was singing.
The audience were judging from the roving cameras, but she just seemed to be screeching into a voice synth which was kicking out unintelligible noise :man_shrugging:t2:
As you say, I’m not her target audience.
Why was she so under dressed as well…:roll_eyes:

This year’s Glasto?

Dear me, but just, … … … no.

Completely underwhelmed, I’m afraid.

Hoping to unearth a few gems on iPlayer over the next couple of days. :pray:

1 Like

The National are doing a great job on the Other Stage.

5 Likes

Nice.
Glad someone else is also enjoying what The National are doing on the Other Stage.

For me, goose bumps.
Can’t wait to see them on Friday at Crystal Palace park.

Anywho else going ?
R

1 Like

Obviously I’m not the target audience, the actual audience seems to be lapping it up which great, but as an aside I can’t make out a word the headline act is singing. I don’t mind that acts make me feel old, I genuinely don’t want to become my parents (it’s all boom boom boom) I just find it fascinating.

Ps: I love Elizabeth Fraser so I get unintelligible lyrics :smiley:

Only caught 20 minutes of The National set and they were pretty good, making them very much better than almost all the others. The exception (for me anyway) being Jungle who were great

3 Likes

Brilliant set from London Grammar.

Nitin Sawney was pretty good.

Otherwise…….bring on Wacken!

For those of you who enjoyed her recent album ‘That! Feels good!’, I can recommend Jessie Ware’s set

Just watched bits of Avril Lavigne. I’d forgot how good she was, and reminds me of where T.Swift got all her ideas from when she changed from Country (IMO). If only Avril had the same backing back then

1 Like

The only ray of sunshine for me in this entire bag of mediocre nonsense was the astonishing Beth Ditto and “Gossip” once again doing the gobsmacking “Standing In The Way Of Control”.

So that’s all over and now it’s time for Wombledin.

Oh look, Carlos is on. Looks like he’s starting the hunt by playing sideshow Bob. :wink:

2 Likes

The lad nearly had me in tears at one point,great stuff :+1:

1 Like

Yesterday and today I have been wandering around a lot of the Glastonbury sets/highlights on catch up. A worrying number of artists who can’t sing in tune. I’m not much of a fan of Coldplay but they knew how to do it and made most of the others look several divisions lower.
I can see why there was a huge crowd for the Sugababes as well.

1 Like

Not their singing right?

2 Likes

Why?

“Look at my large mammaries! Look at my magnificent gluteus maximus! Buy my records!”

1 Like

No, it was good fun pop.

Bodies sell…ask some of the artistes suspiciously popular on here…Diana Krall…among others.

Similar schtick as with Metal bands - just different dressing up…

I loved the UHD drama of PJ Harvey’s nostril hairs and particularly the lovely colours of her eyes.

I can’t find Robert and Toyah’s set from Glastonbury on catch up… It’s a mystery.

5 Likes

Info on why not everything is available from 2017 Glastonbury. I expect the same applies to 2024.

Either not filmed or the artist only allows a couple of songs and not the full set. This happened when Lana Del Rey played last year where only 2 songs were available from her shortened 1 hour set.

1 Like