Good deeds for the day. what have you done?

The main thing is to dispose of the surplus medication safely and ensure it doesn’t get into the wrong hands, especially if there are controlled drugs of any kind.

3 Likes

Elderly near neighbour to the doctor’s for her Covid Jab , I even brought her back !!!

1 Like

I have just swept the frontage of our block of 10 houses and scrapped the mud that acumulates where the pavement meets the wall. 6 flexitubs of mud/grit in under an hour.

We live on a main road and local farmers have just ploughed fields, so no doubt by tomorrow it’ll look pants again…but it’s done & looks goooood!

2 Likes

I always shovelled the snow from the pavement in front of my house. Apparently that’s a bad thing because it’s your fault if someone slips!!. Although, I do always pick up litter in my street to put into my bin and get strange looks from people!

1 Like

And more commonly to not get things into the sewage system or waste tips and through them into rivers from where water in many places is extracted for human consumption, with no removal procedures for trace pharmaceuticals.

3 Likes

Trouble is a vast majority of pharmaceuticals will get there anyway as we’ll pee or poo similar/derivative compounds out.

1 Like

True, but I doubt your local pharmacist will thank you if you take your daily excretions to them for safe disposal.

1 Like

Disposing of hazardous pharmaceuticals in a safe and responsible manner is a favourite pastime of mine!:sunglasses:

1 Like

Took bags of showergel to a local drop in centre for the homeless , they are always after supplies and I have been told quantity over quality . So it is Tesco basic at 30 p (it’s very good for the money and I confess I have dipped into supplies when I have forgotten)

A few years ago I had built it a supply of around 60 , then the pandemic struck and toilet rolls and shower gel became unobtainable

Took in 60 to look of amazement

3 Likes

I’ve started looking more and more at the labelling for some of these products and a few proudly claim 99% naturally biodegradable or similar, so what makes the 1% we’re polluting the place with? Then there’s biodegradable and biodegradable - degrading into natural substances or just tiny unnatural ones?

I can’t believe either that they were allowed to include microplastic abrasives in their products.

2 Likes

Not my good deed but friends who offered to help clean bricks.

5 Likes

In NZ the unused unexpired medications were recycled to 3rd world countries. This stopped about 30 years ago. I agree it is a criminal waste.

1 Like

Left the teenager in bed and treated Mrs. H. and I to a peaceful breakfast at our nearest indie coffee emporium. Then suitably fed and watered I gave said teenager a valuable life lesson by hoovering the entire house before he had gifted us his presence. Finished off by gifting my cousin a free ticket to Accrington v Wrexham. We lost 2-0. Arguably our worst performance in over 20 years and my pneumonia wasn’t helped by swirling wind and rain.

Only one of gifts worked well today.

1 Like

Our fishing club invited these fish filleters from “Kai ika” ( Maori meaning “fish food”)at our fortnightly competition weigh in. For a small donation they fillet the catch. The fish frames are donated to community groups as well as any fillets the fishermen wish to give to the cause. This filleting group gives over 400kg a month to families( whanau in Maori) who really appreciate it. So much better than unwanted fish being buried under the lemon tree.

4 Likes

My wife and I have just helped my mother move home (she lives in France) for the last 5 days. I say helped, I mean do everything for her…

7 Likes

It me but Sonos Australia. I recently bought a Sonos wireless surround system for the TV room (only) and paid full price 2 days later I received a promotional email say that everything is discounted for Black Friday (I’m bugger if I know what that is as it’s only started a few years ago) my setup was $650 cheaper. Sent them an email suggesting that it’s bad form making a client feel stupid, they agreed and credited me the difference.

7 Likes

Whole thing about microplastics leaves me so sad at the damage we do, 99% of the time unknowingly .

Gone back to old fashioned washing powder …

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.