Hackney Diamonds

Anyone watching the imminent live stream?

https://www.youtube.com/live/NSzJhzfDtS4?si=JVQbxvDp8eWFo1Zr

G

Thanks for the prompt ! Just fired up the iPad……

Paul

It’s finished in the UK so don’t get angry with me.

G

1 Like

Love the new single, great video too

2 Likes

They are looking bloody good for their age…….a Stones concert is about 2 and a half hours or more……they last played in 2022. Amazing fitness to do that at their age, and still an amazing live band. Looking forward to the album.

6 Likes

They’re not called The Strolling Bones for no reason!

1 Like

Clever, clever use of historical footage of The Chaps, edited down into the video for the “Angry” single.

Yet again, a potential classic track, instantly recognisable as The Stones, right from the opening riff from Keef.

Rock on, geezers!

3 Likes

On this occasion I tend to an alternative view to @dave-marshall I thought Angry pretty average, laden, not rolling, lacking Charlie’s swing, is he on there?

1 Like

Just played again perhaps I was premature, it actually swings better than I first thought, I reckon Charlie is on there.

2 Likes

“Just played again perhaps I was premature, it actually swings better than I first thought, I reckon Charlie is on there.”

In spirit perhaps…

The Rolling Stones: Angry review – Jagger’s a hoot in strutting, barnstorming return | The Rolling Stones | The Guardian.

G

1 Like

This morning’s paper said Charlie is on two tracks.

Presumably as Rick Wright was on final Floyd album.

1 Like

On the album yes, from 2019, but not the single ‘Angry’.

G

That’s a great review from The Guardian, referencing, as it does, The Stones opening “Tattoo You” with Keef, blasting into “Start Me Up”.

I’ve watched the “Angry” video only three of four times and already the riffmeister-in-chief has burnt that earworm into my brain.

That’s been the story of The Stones down the decades … … … catchy riffs which just burn their way into one’s consciousness, resulting in the inevitable purchase.

This rocks like a good 'un!

3 Likes

Keef Riffchards indeed. During the interview yesterday it was clear ‘…a great riff’ is what keeps him happy.

G

1 Like

Angry is Steve Jordan on drums.

1 Like

The confusion could be Angry was co-written with Andrew Watt the producer of the album, and possibly those other two tracks.

1 Like

Argh, makes sense, I think I’ll buy this on vinyl just because Charlie went to my school, albeit years before me, and his Auntie lived in an adjacent street.

2 Likes

Track 13 is missing from that list too.

G

Interesting as Mick confirmed on Jimmy Fallon that Charlie was only two tracks recorded in 2019 and Bill was on one track.

There again as per your post “Angry” (with Watt) Watt indeed!

Also, Charlie doesn’t really feature that prominently in the video.